Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I've been clean days from marijuana and am still testing

Customer Question

I've been clean for 16 days from marijuana and am still testing positive . I'm 5'1 and 120 pounds. I still have exactly 3 weeks until my drug test. Will I pass?
Category: Drug Testing
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also I was smoking thc oil, like dabs which is more potent than just the plant weed. And it's been for a year or so..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
How much were you smoking per day?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A half gram
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A half gram of wax
Thank you for the additonal information.
The odds are very good that you will be negative by the time of the test in 3 weeks. The typical period for detection of THC metabolites in a urine drug test will vary according to the frequency and amount of usage, although the studies have primarily been done on marijuana, rather than THC oil.
While a single use of marijuana is typically only detectable for a few days, daily use of marijuana can typically be detected for about 10 days. Moderate use will be longer, and daily heavy marijuana use can have detection times of up to 30 days, and occasionally longer. However, even in the heavy daily users of marijuana, the great majority are negative before 30 days.
So, the odds are excellent that you will be negative by the time of testing in 3 weeks, which would be over 5 weeks from last use.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much. It puts my mind at ease a little bit. Thank you. Thank you.
You are most welcome.