Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have the options of taking two random Teats tmre. Both quest

Customer Question

FIrt Is 45190n sap 10-50 plus mdma plus 6-am/t. or. 30497n sap 10-50 \300 plus EDTH. My concern in two day use of lorapam to help me get of everything else which I am dan in all other regards. Any chance they don't test for lorozapam or tjt it could be illuminated in urime in late than 24 hr. Anything I can. Career in line. I as jut trying to get better and get another 1 clean but I wasn't hiring yest and today. Got my over the hump all my other tesr are clean just benzo showing on hope kit
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing Internal Medicine Physician. Excellent service is my goal.
Thanks for this question
can you explain further?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have to take a random supervised urine. Tmrw. I have been completely clean for some time. I have a bad situation happens and I took lorazapam to calm my anxiety today and yesterday. I have the Orion of taking either tests over which I know inwould ps everything. I conference with the recent use of lorazapam and do not no if the benzo panels go that far to pick that up. And if so. Anything I can to to try to put myself Ina position to come xlean. I scared they may test for it although I saw something researching that they may just yest Valium and xanax which would new. Lifesaver - berry worries
I will opt out for a drug testing expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What does that mean
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i don't really have 24 hour window test it tmrw
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text or Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
The drug testing that is to be done uses an initial immunoassay screening test and only does a confirmatory test when an initial screening test is positive. The immunoassay for benzodiazepines is oriented towards oxazepam or nordiazepam, because many different benzodiazepines are metabolized into oxazepam or nordiazepam, including Valium and Librium. However, the lorazepam does not get metabolized into oxazepam or nordiazepam, so it will frequently be missed by the screening test for benzodiazepines. There is a small amount of cross-reactivity, particularly at high concentrations, but it will frequently yield a negative result.
The confirmatory test, though, will readily detect lorazepam, as well as other benzodiazepines. So, if there is a positive result, there will automatically be a confirmatory test, and that can detect the lorazepam.
Within that context, the lorazepam is an intermediate acting benzodiazepine, so can typically be detected for up to 5 days. In addition, there is nothing that will accelerate clearance of the drug. Drinking plenty of water may help from the perspective of decreasing the concentration in the urine, because any test will only detect drugs above a certain threshold, and drinking water may help get the concentration below the threshold for detection. Drinking too much water also can be an issue, as urine that is too dilute would also raise red flags.
So, there is a good chance that the urine test will not detect the recent use of lorazepam, but drinking a good amount of water before testing would be the only intervention that may help make it even less likely.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.