Family Physician, Board Certified MRO
Experience:  Medical Review Officer - Physician Trained and certified in drug test interpretation
1304720

I put an additive called Klear Test in my specimen at my

I put an additive called Klear Test in my specimen at my random drug test. What do you know about it? I'm scared to death it will come back positive for THC and I will lose my job, although I never use at work.
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Family Physician replied 5 years ago.
When had you last used?

How often did you use prior to the test?

When was the test?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I had used the day before. The test was Thursday, February 23, and I was using fairly regularily in the evenings.
Unfortunately, there is really no scientific evidence that Klear (or any other additive) will mask the drugs without causing the specimen to be reported as "adulterated" (tampered) - which is treated the same as a positive.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The company advised that it would even pass an GC/MS test. Is your answer still the same?
The fact that the company makes such claims really does not change my answer. Companies that sell products marketed as a way to cheat on a drug test are not what one would consider "reputable" corporate citizens. The fact that such a company makes such a promise really doesn't make it fact.

The medical scientific evidence is not available to support their claims.... and what is someone going to do when it turns out to be wrong - sue the company?