Drug Testing

Have drug testing questions? Get answers from Experts

Ask a Doctor,

Drug Testing

Does Biometric Sceening also consists of drug and alcohol

Customer Question
testing?...
Does Biometric Sceening also consists of drug and alcohol testing?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Drug Testing
11/21/2011
Drug Testing Expert: ratioscripta,
 replied 6 years ago
ratioscripta
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.
This depends - can you please tell me more about what this is for?
My company is asking we partake in a biometric screening for insurance purposes. Rates will be lower if we take it. They say it checks blood pressure, glucose (finger stick), cholesterol, and BMI. Can they check for other things they didn't disclose?
Drug Testing Expert: ratioscripta,
 replied 6 years ago
I am going to opt out and refer this to our employment law experts. No need to reply.
Drug Testing Expert: Family Physician, Board Certified MRO replied 6 years ago
Family Physician, Board Certified MRO
The type of screening that you describe does not include testing for drugs. This is typically a lipid (cholesterol) panel, blood sugar and in some case a chemistry panel (kidney function etc).

These types of screenings are used to help identify employees who are at risk of higher health costs (pre-diabetes, high cholesterol) that can be reduced by healthy lifestyle changes (quitting smoking, weight reduction etc.)
Family Physician, Board Certified MRO
Family Physician, Board Certified MRO