Dream Interpretation

Need dreams interpreted? Ask a dream interpreter ASAP

I've been having reoccurring nightmares for nine years (I'm…

I've been having reoccurring nightmares...
I've been having reoccurring nightmares for nine years (I'm a male, 22 years old now and they started at puberty at 13) of nuclear holocaust (right before the A-bomb hits and I'm scrambling and scavenging). I also have reoccurring dreams of being in space and being in a non-functional almost destroyed spaceship. In the spaceship (which is huge/the size of the Empire State Building) I'm in the back and always trying to get to the front. Sometimes the ship is in space, sometimes it is on a planet. Sometimes I am alone and sometimes other people are on the ship.
3/15/2018
Ashleigh
Ashleigh, Dream Interpreter

Welcome to JustAnswer. I am an experienced Psychologist and have a special interest in dream interpretation I am reviewing your question now and will be right back with a response for you.

There are many schools of thought on the topic of dream interpretation. Some say dreams are subconscious thoughts that our mind wishes to hide. Others say dreams are a way for our brain to process day to day situations. More yet that believe that if you are having a good dream you are thinking positive thoughts that are leading to positive events, and the contrary is also true. I think dream interpretation is a very personal experience and the most significant indicator of a dream meaning is your feeling state in the dream.

From the dream you describe I imagine that this dream gives rise to many negative emotions. Most likely fear and anxiety. You are the only person who can truly understand your own dreams… but maybe the significance may be associated with certain fears you have in waking life? Are you experiencing any anxiety? Does this dream come up when you are facing certain situations?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do experience a lot of anxiety however these dreams don’t seem to come at pivotal points in my life? I tend to get this type of dream every three or so months quite regularly. The day after these dreams I am very emotionally exhausted (in quite a cathartic way).

The symbolism of your dreams may be associated with your anxious feelings, maybe there is anxiety about something ending or having to go through tough experiences that you may not be ready for.

I often find that your dreams are closely associated with your emotional state. So often times anxious thoughts lead to anxious dreams. I would try some tips on managing your anxious feelings and see if it helps with these dreams. you can try the following:

* Start a meditation practice: This will help elevate negative thinking and help you take back control of your brain. Take 10 minutes every day to focus on your breathing or a sound around you. You can also listen to a guided meditation… I really like the following: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPpUNAFHgxM

* Read up on mindfulness- that is focusing in on the present moment. This is a proven strategy to help reduce anxiety and cope with negative feelings. Mindfulness will help you live more fully in the moment. The now is all you have at your disposal and spending it on “what if’s” is robbing you of the joy that you can experience. When you find yourself thinking a negative thought catch it and praise yourself for noticing it… now you have an opportunity to use it.

The best way to live in the now is to savor the moment… if you are with your family feel the love you feel and the joy of having them at your side. If you are eating delicious food, take a moment and acknowledge the beauty of that and the blessing that food really is. If you smell something delicious stop to savor it. Take it a step further and acknowledge these things out loud- tell the person you are with they are great, say thank you for the food and revel in the feeling you inspire in them.

* Cultivate a positive mindset… start by writing down 3 things you are grateful for every day. Start off your day with thanks (be thankful for your bed, your home, your family, your health, your family’s health). Don’t listen to depressing news, don’t complain, don’t chat with people who make you feel bad… you will see your life turn around. Realize that every topic is really two topics- that which is wanted and that which is not. We often think we are focused on the good when we say “I don’t want to be sick” but the mind still picks up the word sick. Rather say “I want to be healthy”, “I want to see myself in perfect health and happiness”. You will see your life change right before your eyes.

* Externalize the worry/ anxiety: never say “I am just an anxious person”, “I am always anxious and there is nothing I can do about it” or “I don’t know what to do with my anxiety” – it is not your anxiety it is just something you are experiencing rather say “sometimes I feel a feeling of anxiety… but I am learning to control it and I know I can get better at this”

* Use CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) Techniques to catch yourself when thinking anxiety-provoking thoughts. This one is called be a thought detective:

Remember, worry is the brain's way of protecting us from danger. To make sure we're really paying attention, the mind often exaggerates the object of the worry (e.g., mistaking a stick for a snake). Try a method we call the 3Cs:

ü Catch your thoughts: Imagine every thought you have floats above your head in a bubble (like what you see in comic strips). Now, catch one of the worried thoughts like "Im scared I am getting sick."

ü Collect evidence: Next, collect evidence to support or negate this thought. Do not make judgments about what to worry about based only on feelings. Feelings are not facts. (Supporting evidence: "I am not feeling so well." Negating evidence: "this happened last week and I was fine.")

ü Challenge your thoughts: Have a debate with yourself and convince ourself you are doing great.

* There are brilliant teachers of well-being out there and the information is so easily accessible. Try reading the following books with an open mind- they have the potential to be life-changing:

-Change your thoughts, change your life by Wayne Dyer

-Ask and it is Given by Esther Hicks

-The Secret by Rhonda Byrne

I wish you only happiness and sweet dream

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you. Please remember to rate my service (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

All the best

Ashleigh
Ashleigh, Dream Interpreter
Ashleigh
Ashleigh
Ashleigh, Dream Interpreter