Dream Interpretation

Need dreams interpreted? Ask a dream interpreter ASAP

I have a recurring theme in my dreams. Im moving into a

Customer Question
I have a recurring...

I have a recurring theme in my dreams. Im moving into a strange house and it's already furnished. There always seems to be a hidden room or mysterious room. This last one I had was also involving my aunt whom I have no real relationship with, but she has been more involved since my mother died. A ex boyfriend of mine is also in the dream and trying to get me to be with him right in front of my husband. I woke up with a big headache.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dream Interpretation
3/13/2018
Dream Interpretation Expert: Ashleigh, Dream Interpreter replied 3 months ago
Ashleigh
Ashleigh, Dream Interpreter

Welcome to JustAnswers. My name is***** little bit about me… I am a psychologist and have been practicing for the last five years in private practice and in a community setting. I work with families and people of all ages. I am also a registered life coach and solution-focused therapist. I am passionate about helping people and finding solutions, not growing problems. I believe that the mind is a very powerful tool and can be used to achieve any outcome in life-positive thoughts lead to a positive life. I also have a special interest in dream interpretation and using dreams in practical ways to understand ourselves better. I am here to help you with your question. Give me some time to review your questions, gather information and formulate an answer. I will get back to you ASAP.

There are many schools of thought on the topic of dream interpretation. Some say dreams are subconscious thoughts that our mind wishes to hide. Others say dreams are a way for our brain to process day to day situations. Of course there is the school of thought that indicates that dream are a form of prophecy. More yet that believe that if you are having a good dream you are thinking positive thoughts that are leading to positive events, and the contrary is also true. I think dream interpretation is a very personal experience and the most significant indicator of a dream meaning is your feeling state in the dream.

Tell me a bit more about your feeling state in the dream

Anxiety and curiosity

Thanks for the extra information.

In a dreamscape different objects and feelings often represent unconscious parts of the self. Since your dream seems to be about a strange house with mysterious rooms, it seems like the house may be more of a symbolic rather than literal representation of something in your life.

The most universally accepted interpretation of a house is a symbol for the self. Like your house there are also some mysterious parts of the self that may not be acknowledged or seen. And like your house being furnished, there are many aspects about you that are already well established. I cannot tell you exactly what you dream might mean but some questions to ask yourself may be:

Are there aspects of yourself or your life that you are currently wishing to change or work on? Is there anything you are feeling dissatisfied or uncomfortable with? How about the feelings of anxiety…Is there anything causing you anxiety?

The appearance of an ex may also be symbolic of something that seems to be posing a threat to your current happiness… is there anything that you might feel is uncomfortable for you right now?

Your aunt may represent your connection with your mom… as this is an easier way to let your mom in… it seems to be a positive aspect of the dream- perhaps offering some guidance on following your feelings.

As I stated previously your dream often represent feelings and thoughts you are experiencing in your waking life. When we are thinking thoughts in opposition to who and what we are these manifest in our dream world. Try focusing on things you want to achieve in yourself and your life – focus on these in a positive way… try do this for 10 minutes before bed- it will change your dreams and your life.

I hope this has helped you gain some insight… I wish you the sweetest of dreams and a happy life!

Hi :)

Just checking in, is there anything further I can assist you with?