Dream Interpretation

Need dreams interpreted? Ask a dream interpreter ASAP

I had a dream that I was on the property I grew up on in…

Customer Question
I had a dream that...
I had a dream that I was on the property I grew up on in Pecos, NM. My son, fiance, and myself were all in a motor home together, and for some reason my fiance had taken the lock off the door to fix the door. I was sitting in the drivers seat and I look over at the gate my dad had built and this large black van pulled up to it. The fat was open, but for some reason the man had driven the van to one of the posts and was revving the van menacingly and rocking it back and forth. It reminded me of a bull about to charge. As I'm watching that van another van pulled up through the gate and was coming towards us. I felt really threatened and scared by this van. Jen had taken the lock of the door and I couldn't lock it to protect my family from this man who was driving towards us. I started yelling at my son and fiance to get in the motor home and tried starting it. It felt like the man got out of the van and was running towards us when I jumped up awake and crying.. terrified... what does it mean? It was so intense and scared. It felt so real!
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dream Interpretation
3/7/2018
Dream Interpretation Expert: Ashleigh, Dream Interpreter replied 3 months ago
Ashleigh
Ashleigh, Dream Interpreter

Welcome to JustAnswers. My name is***** little bit about me… I am a psychologist and have been practicing for the last five years in private practice and in a community setting. I work with families and people of all ages. I am also a registered life coach and solution-focused therapist. I am passionate about helping people and finding solutions, not growing problems. I believe that the mind is a very powerful tool and can be used to achieve any outcome in life-positive thoughts lead to a positive life. I also have a special interest in dream interpretation and using dreams in practical ways to understand ourselves better. I am here to help you with your question. Give me some time to review your questions, gather information and formulate an answer. I will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks for your question. It sounds like this dream has really shaken you and given rise to some negative emotions.

There are many schools of thought on the topic of dream interpretation. Some say dreams are subconscious thoughts that our mind wishes to hide. Others say dreams are a way for our brain to process day to day situations. Of course there is the school of thought that indicates that dream are a form of prophecy. More yet that believe that if you are having a good dream you are thinking positive thoughts that are leading to positive events, and the contrary is also true. I think dream interpretation is a very personal experience and the most significant indicator of a dream meaning is your feeling state in the dream.

It is clear to me that the most significant aspect of your dream is that you were feeling threatened and fearful. Furthermore, you felt you were unable to protect your family. This is an intense feeling- but is very normal as our families are so important to us. It seems like your fiancé was causing you some difficulty in your dream and this hindered your ability to do what you needed to do.

The most universally accepted dream interpretation for vehicles is that they are driving us towards our goals (or destination). Dream vehicles tell us whether we are in control of our lives or being driven by something or someone else. The type of vehicles we see is also significant… your vehicle was a motor home that was not able to shut. You also experienced threat by an unmarked black van.

Given that this is your dream and your life I cannot tell you exactly what the dream means but maybe it would be worth exploring the following questions?

* Are you experiencing any concerns or fears regarding your home or family life?

* Some people feel a bit anxious about getting married… could this be manifesting in your dream state?

*Are you concerned about not being able to get to where you want to be in life?

The most significant thing I can offer in terms of your dream is that dreams are often a manifestation of our emotional state. When we are thinking thoughts that don’t feel good we have dream that show us this. So perhaps try and focus on things that are going well and pleasing in your life experience… start telling a new story (this is just an example) and clear any negative thoughts and feelings before bed.

“I am always ok and things always work out well for me. I am safe and protected and always heading in the right direction. I have vast resources at my disposal both in the form of loved ones and from the universe at large. I am loved and well and doing well”

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Wishing you the sweetest of dreams

A.S

Hi there,

I am just checking in, can I assist you further?