Dream Interpretation

Need dreams interpreted? Ask a dream interpreter ASAP

1st dream: i was in my married lovers home and his wife

Customer Question
Hi. 1st dream: i...

Hi. 1st dream: i was in my married lovers home and his wife comes home and i tell her weve been together for 10 yrs. Which is true as well as me having spent time in his home when she was away. 2nd. No visual but in my sleep i heard that she will be leaving him soon. They have 1 child in common. His only. Were separated for 8 yrs. And he says he just wanted a last try to justify to his daughter when shes of age. Been back for a yr so far but hes woefully unhappy now .

Expert's Assistant: Oh I love this topic. Did you know I used to be a dream interpretation Expert? Yes, but now I have to hand you off to one of the new and better trained ones. You will undoubtedly enjoy this. Is there anything else the Dream Analyst should be aware of?

All my life ive experinced significant dreams from time to time. Some times they are direct and sometimes mysterious. Im questioning this one. Not sure if its just wishful. The last dream i had was that his mother in law had come to visit which i found later to have been true.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dream Interpretation
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/14/2017
Dream Interpretation Expert: Dr. Norman Brown, PhD replied 11 months ago
Dr. Norman Brown

You have very good reasons for expecting this dream to be precognitive, as they sometimes can be, esp for issues that are vitally important as this one is for you. Since the relationship between dream content and your waking reality knowledge of conditions is close, and dreams normally serve to show you something you DON'T already know AND to point the way forward in your own significant life issues, The only evidence I could imagine for considering whether this is true to his life or not would be the timing of your dream with respect to any events in either your life or his. So please comment on any events or thoughts that occurred close to the night(s) of your dream(s).

But I'm also thinking way beyond the box of issues presented in your dreams: Since you've been "seein g him" for 10 years and he was separated from his wife who was not the birth mother of his daughter for the "middle 8" of those 10 years (if your summary fits this lengthy past relationship) then why didn't marriage come up for discussion during that time? Was there shared custody and significant attachment between daughter and stepmother?

More than whether your dream is a literal precognition or not, I'm concerned with the issue of post-divorce relationships, because he seems to be in the "catbird seat" between two women who both want him,. And he's been lovers with BOTH of you for longer than the 3 years that normally suffice for the romantic passion with one partner to subside. So it's possible that being turned on to and/or desired by both women is what makes his merry go-round, and he could already feel (in his bones) that being with you alone will leave some of his ideal-needs unmet--since hemight havehad 8 years to sample that condition already.

So I'm interested in what you have to say about this issue, assuming for the moment that there's no reason NOT to assume that your dreams are simply opening the gate to the near future--but that future might not be as rosy as you have been led to expect.

When he and i met in 2008 his wife who is the mother of his only child had already separated. She had taken the infant and moved to atlanta. During our relationship hed visit for xmas and birthday. 1 week in the winter and then 1 in the summer. As the child grew he became attached as is normal for any parent. Shes is 11 yrs old now and during the visits she would plead for him not to leave as children do. The wife and him had no relationship outside of co parenting until the last year of our relationship. As i began to push the dating comversations towards formal committment as wed reached that stage this arose. Hes not a womanizer and pretty much makes that clear if that is not his intention. Now that they have been living together for the past year he has found that the issues that separated them years ago remain and now he remebers why he didnt pursue her when she left but as the daughter grew he wanted to give her the white house 2 parent household etc. Not taking his word as truth when he told me of the lack of physical and emotional intamacy between the 2 it was confirmed some time recently by a common 3rd party between his wife and me that they havent had sex since january of 2017 to date as she complains that she feels trapped as she has no financial resources to make a change although she has admitted that she is currently unhappy. As for events...just today he calls and describes a disagreement which revolves around being taken for granted as shes unemployable and he is finacially responsible party solely. He swears he loves me. Without resouces shed return to atlanta which is 800 miles to her parents leaving him with sigmificantly less daily interaction with his daighter.

Thanks for clarifying. I'll write about this tomorrow, since my GF (at 72) is with me tonight. (I'm a widower at 74), 40+ years of therapy experience, and retired professor specializing in love relationships.