Dream Symbolist
Dream Symbolist, Dream Expert
Experience:  14 yrs. exp. Spiritual Consult. Jr Midwife. Dream Expert
47044666

I saw a dream where a commercial airliner fell from the sky

Customer Question

Hello
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I saw a dream where a commercial airliner fell from the sky to crash land in a neighborhood. At the time of incident, I saw the plane had no wings. I was not in the plane. I was a watcher.
JA: Oh I love this topic. Did you know I used to be a dream interpretation expert? Yes, but now I have to hand you off to one of the new and better trained ones. You will undoubtedly enjoy this. Is there anything else the Dream Analyst should be aware of?
Customer: I ate melatonin for sleep
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Dr. Norman Brown replied 2 months ago.

To interpret your dream I need to know how its symbolic content compares & contrasts with your real world concerns that triggered it. Have you recently contemplated or experienced or seen someone else thinking about a commercial idea that showed some promise, but might not have the support structure to be able to get a good start toward success?

Was there anything else before or after this scene? Or any other details or thoughts&feelings you had during the dream or on waking up?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
These days, I have been on forced leave as I was struggling with my job. My boss wants to put me in a role. While dreaming, I was shocked that it's happening, but I was not alarmed or running for cover.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It was a bright sunny day. The sky was blue. I do not remember seeing a lot of fire, but there was smoke when the plane was going down.

The job issue seems to fit as the triggering issue that the dream is commenting on. You're on the sidelines in the dream and in your job at present. And the idea of you being "put in a role" (which I don't fully understand because I don't know what kind of a job you have) seems to have gained a comment that this high-flying idea your boss has proposed "doesn't have any wings" because you can't imagine how you could manage to carry out the plan as proposed. Where there's smoke but not fire things aren't as bad as they may appear at first sight. There's considerable contrast between the optimistic brightness of the day and the smoke that came into the neighborhood. Damage hasn't occurred yet, but you're in a crashlanded situation. And you don't imagine you could accomplish the flight requested of you--perhaps as a condition of gaining back the favor of your boss and reinstating your job. It's not clear to me whether in waking life you think your future is hopeful or not.

But coming down to earth is a Good thing if if you have often tried far-reaching ideas that didn't end up succeeding.