Suzanne B
Suzanne B,
Experience:  Social Worker at Veteran Administration Medical Center
60618702

I had a very short dream that popped out of nowhere of my

Customer Question

I had a very short dream that popped out of nowhere of my recent ex, he was touching me intimately and when I told him I missed him he said he missed me to, and I heard a muffled I love you and when I asked him if that's what he said he said it again kinda hesitant and then the dream ended as abruptly as it started.
JA: Oh I love this topic. Did you know I used to be a dream interpretation expert? Yes, but now I have to hand you off to one of the new and better trained ones. You will undoubtedly enjoy this. Is there anything else important you think the Dream Analyst should know?
Customer: Well he is dating a girl who is 20 and he is 53! She is his receptionist and we were working on getting back together until she came along
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Suzanne B replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for sharing your dream! I would like to ask you a few questions.

1. How did you feel in the dream?

2. Does the dream relate to waking life in any way?
3. What dream detail sticks out the most for you (either was most vivid or felt most important)?

I look forward to providing you with a dream interpretation!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It felt as if I was awake and he was taking me to a doctors appt in the dream. An actual appt that is coming up this month.
I was showing him what the dr was going to do I had to lift up my shirt to show him my belly and that's when he teach down to touch me.
Of course that he said he missed me and loved me but the fact he was with me andvtook me to my appt. was the most important
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When will you respond

Thank you for providing more details to your dream! I hope to provide you with a helpful dream interpretation.

If I were to have this dream, I would explore how my ex could symbolize my feelings for him, our relationship and a part of self I associate with him.

The doctor's appointment would be an important symbol for me. Although I would note how I have a doctor's appointment scheduled in my waking life, this appointment would symbolize healing from this relationship experience.

While I would note the dream may reflect my desire to have my ex come back, support me and profess his love, I would also recognize that his responses to me could reflect my own thoughts and feelings about him- as well as my feelings of self-love.

I would associate my belly with my self-esteem and my confidence. I would note how the relationship may have "touched" me there in some way and these areas may be in need of healing right now.

Overall, I would find the dream to reflect a need for healing and re-centering. I would recognize I am on a journey of healing and personal growth and my dream is reflecting my current progress.

Please let me know if you have additional questions. Good luck on your dream journey!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you

You are welcome! Thank you for sharing your dream. The dreams you have in the next few weeks/months will likely reflect more progress. I would recommend paying attention to your dreams, logging them, and noticing the pattern. This is one chapter in a book.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Really? This will have more related dreams? I felt as though he was dreaming of me at the same time is this a possibility, maybe realizing the relationship with the 20 yr old is a joke.

What you describe is a form of psi dream or mutual dreaming. From my perspective, I would view the dream as reflecting your wishes, thoughts, and feelings about him and not is actual thoughts or feelings in that moment.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it's not any type of foreseen event of us being together in any way?

While that is certainly one interpretation of your dream, I would always explore other interpretations as well and explore the best fit you feel personally. If you want this to reflect reality a great deal- the dream may be reflecting this desire.

Dreams can also have layered meaning. If the dream does reflect some sense you have about how he feels, it sounds like it is still reflecting your need to heal and your progress in your personal growth.