CounselorJules
CounselorJules, Counselor
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor
92608932

I keep having a dream, at random, but the common theme is

Customer Question

I keep having a dream, at random, but the common theme is that I cannot look up I can just look down at my feet or not at all.
JA: Oh I love this topic. Did you know I used to be a dream interpretation expert? Yes, but now I have to hand you off to one of the new and better trained ones. You will undoubtedly enjoy this. Please tell me everything you can so the Dream Analyst can help you best.
Customer: Alright
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dream Analyst should know?
Customer: that it is frustrating in the dream, like there is a weight on my head not allowing it to lift up to see.
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  CounselorJules replied 6 months ago.

Hi,I'm Jules, a LPC,I am reviewing your relationship question now. If you have other specific information, please feel free to send it. Thank you!

Good morning. I am available to support you. I think that dreams are very interesting and I want to share a bit with you about what theory I work from. I would like to share some information that has been suggested in dream information. I think it is important to know these facts when interpreting dreams, but also just interesting tidbits...."Some researchers believe that dreams help you to tackle stress. Dreaming is a necessity and helps to recharge the mind and revitalize the body. In dreams, negative emotions tend to occur twice as often as pleasant feelings. Fear and anxiety are the most commonly expressed emotions in dreams, followed by anger and sadness." In your dream you experience different emotions: "afraid", then "safe, at peace, happy, and calm." I tend to like the approach taken by Carl Jung. His research suggests that "Since dreams are a way of communicating with the unconscious, Jung believed that dream images reveal something about yourself, your relationships with others, and situations in your waking life. Dreams guide your personal growth and help in achieving your full potential. Jung also believes that the dream's manifest content is just as significant and revealing as the latent content. By simply discussing what is currently going on in your life, it can help you interpret and unlock the cryptic images of your dreams. Jung's method of dream interpretation is placed more confidently on the dreamer. He believes that you all possess the necessary tools to interpret your own dreams. There is no one correct way to interpret a dream. The meaning of your dreams is a personal judgment and is up to you on how to interpret them. Whatever interpretation feels right to you is most significant and more important than what someone else thinks or believes."

I can understand the frustration of having a recurring dream and not understanding it. My initial belief seems to be that you may feel that you are unsure or about your "foundation" and whether or not you feel that you are feeling secure. You also may feel that you don't have a sense of control in your life and something is possibly postponing progress on something. Having the weight or "heavy" feeling may suggest that something is "holding you down" or holding you back." To me this dream seems to reflect either a relationship, a career, or a personal belief that keeps you from meeting your own potential. This could also be a spiritual dream about feeling "boxed" in where your subconscious feels greater freedom when it is given the option to "explore" a wider belief system or spiritual world.

I also meant to add this.... Feeling that you head feels heavy may mean that you are possibly overanalyzing a situation or possibly overthinking and feeling that you cannot move forward. I would suggest possibly going through the situation and determining what it is that holds you back and think about how to either take a leap of faith or separate yourself from any negativity that keeps you from moving in the direction that you want. Remember that doubt kills more dreams than actual failure ever does.

I would love to hear your feedback and I hope that this has been helpful for you :)