Dream Interpretation

Need Dreams Interpreted? Ask a Dream Interpreter ASAP

Dream Interpretation

Last night I had this really and weird dream. I’ll try to

Customer Question
Hello! Last night I had...
Hello! Last night I had this really long and weird dream. I’ll try to remember all off the details. Okay, so it starts at my elementary school: Rockwell Christian School. Apparently, I am revisiting it at the age of nineteen. I run into my first grade teacher (I think), Mrs. Black, and she looks a lot older now. We chat a bit because she wonders where I have been all of this time. Anyway, she says “It was nice seeing you”, and I go on my way. Even though I was at school, I remembered that I didn’t want to go there, and I wasn’t happy about running into anybody.
Suddenly, I hear my former friends (Hannah and Cassie) calling for help far away. I hop into my grandma’s old blue car with her, and we drive to the street. On the way there, we take a shortcut through two (?) forests. The first forest had these trees where the bottom half of their trunks were replaced with spiraled electrical wires. The second forest had tall green plastic trees (I felt one, and it felt just like plastic). So, we arrive at this small shopping complex, and there is a pizza place called “High Level (?)” and another place called “Zoo Animals (?) vs. Sesame Street”. We get out, but I get back in so that I can drive closer. At Zoo Animals, characters are getting chased by lions and monkeys. In the parking lot, a blonde lady offers me some hair lotion which I take gratefully (I felt like I will need it later).
Finally, I arrive to see my friends being attacked by brown monkeys. Now, we’re all animals: I’m a gryphon, Hannah’s a dark brown monkey (? Or a horse), and Cassie’s a tall white lamb (?) with a cougar’s tail. We fight them off. Suddenly, a lion and a tiger arrive (I couldn’t really see the tiger. It was more like I felt its spirit.); they jump up onto this large rock formation that was hidden by the pizza place. We jump up too. I deal with the golden lion; my friends fight the tiger. Strangely, the lion spends more time on the ground swiping at us. He jumps up again. But this time he does something unexpected; he mates with me! (I am not scared in the slightest. I am just VERY much surprised.) IAs soon as he mates with me, most of the animals stop fighting. Apparently, that was what the lion wanted to begin with.
My friends yell my name (now they are back on the ground), and we both jump down. Once again, I am very annoyed with my friends because they seem to be angry at me. I follow them while ignoring them (I stopped the fighting didn’t I?). The scene changes again; I am now human, and my body is covered in painful boils (from the lion maybe? I doubt it. He looked very clean!). Cassie says something like “I hope those aren’t worms or something (sarcastically).” Yes, they were small white worms with fly heads. When we rubbed the hair lotion (? mixture?) on the boils, the worms burst out. Thankfully, that wasn’t as painful as the boils.
So, Wolfie (my own character; looks like a furry tan chimp – like creature) and Professor Xavier (who know me apparently) help me remove the boils. Professor X says that when I was young, he saved me from a house fire. Anyways, I’m pretty sure that I leave my friends there, and me, Wolfie, and the lion go to Professor X’s house. Phew, I’m sorry that this is so long, but that is my dream in a nutshell! I’ve had plenty of weird dreams, but this is one of the weirdest and most vivid ones. Thank you for reading!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dream Interpretation
8/3/2016
Dream Interpretation Expert: CounselorJules, Counselor replied 1 year ago
CounselorJules
CounselorJules, Counselor

Good evening. I think that I have actually assisted you in the past about a dream interpretation. If you don't mind, I will take a moment to read through this and I want to take some notes and do a bit of research! Your dreams are really fascinating by the way.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks! Oh that's alright take all the time you need!

Okay, I mentioned before that I tend to look at dreams and attempt to interpret them based on the symbolism and the emotions that you most likely experience within the dream. You have dreamed about a gryphon before-- you weren't kidding when you said that you have had this sort of dream in the past!I tend to rely on symbolism of the dreams and focus on what your personal emotional response is to the dreams. i rely on a Jungian perspective for the significance. "According to Jung, dreams are a way of communicating and acquainting yourself with the unconscious. Dreams are not attempts to conceal your true feelings from the waking mind, but rather they are a window to your unconscious. They serve to guide the waking self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to a problem you are facing in your waking life." (resource:http://www.dreammoods.com/dreaminformation/dreamtheory/jung.htm) "Some researchers believe that dreams help you to tackle stress. Dreaming is a necessity and helps to recharge the mind and revitalize the body. In dreams, negative emotions tend to occur twice as often as pleasant feelings. Fear and anxiety are the most commonly expressed emotions in dreams, followed by anger and sadness." Dreams also help us process any transitions that are occurring in your waking life.

Your dream seems to be significantly about a transition into maturity. Let's look at the symbolism that really supports that. In your dream you are experiencing relatable events from your past-- the elementary school, an old teacher, former classmates and friends-- Each of these relates to a phase in life of "learning" or gaining insights.

"To dream that you are in school signifies feelings of inadequacy and childhood insecurities that have never been resolved. It may relate to anxieties about your performance and abilities.

Alternatively, a dream that takes place in school may be a metaphor for the lessons that you are learning from your waking life. You may be going through a "spiritual learning" experience." Being in the elementary school is suggestive of former lessons, maybe even innocence, but you are processing a passage of time of previous insights from the past and also that your subconscious or higher conscious suggesting that you can take former lessons and apply these to your future. You could also be reminiscing about the past and thinking about the previous simplicity. You dont necessarily want to see others from the past, but it sounds like you are provided with affirmations from them. You see the old teacher which is suggestive of seeking possible advice from someone and possibly even someone that you trust-- most of us have liked our first grade teachers! Ha, and her appearance of having age, suggests that you may see her as wise. Maybe you are seeking guidance, or knowledge. You may be heading into a new path in life and are ready to learn by example or from a past experience. Back to the former friends-- Hannah and Cassie-- "to see friends from your past in your dream points to your desire to reconnect with a part of yourself that you have lost touch with." This could be also reverting back to a time when there was less pressure or even fewer responsibilities and without the stresses of adulthood. You may be struggling with making a big decision in your waking life and sort of wish you could "go back to when things were more simple." Even like your biggest worry was catching coodies (sp.) from a boy?! which is what I initially thought of about the boils and "worms with heads," but i will touch base on that a bit later. So, other symbols that make me think of childhood are the "plastic trees" or the electrical coils where the stump would be-- it immediately reminds me of legos-- kids use legos to build and to me, trees are symbols of "growth" another suggestion of transition.... You hop in a car with your grandmother-- another symbol of wisdom or nurturance and protection ( I really think this may be about seeking guidance into a transitional period). You are the passenger-- suggestive of a desire to take a passive role, or hopefully allow someone to help guide you or to take you where you would like to arrive. You arrive at a shopping complex, similar to a mall, which contains lots of choices! In our waking lives, when we go somewhere like a shopping center, there are several things to choose from- another suggestion of you struggling with making a decision possibly and not feeling that you know which direction to go in. You specifically remember two places--"High level" or "Zoo Animals vs Sesame Street." My immediate thought is that this is related to choosing to deal with a mature situation or a more cavalier decision or even a crossroads of adulthood and childhood. The zoo animals place seems to have a great deal of chaos going on, but someone there offers you something that is helpful to you in the future-- I tend to think that this is symbolic of an opportunity to rely on someone, either unexpected, or a lesson from the past to help serve your decision in going forward. Monkeys tend to indicate an "immature attitude, a playful nature and the mischievous side of your personality. Dreaming that you are attacked by a monkey indicates conflict between your serious and playful side." You may be dealing with a situation that leads you to consider taking a mature approach or less serious approach. You guys all turn into different animals-- of course, you are the gryphon, and your friends take on animalistic characteristics that likely coincide with how you viewed them. I kind of wonder if Cassie was a llama? possibly, rather than a tall white sheep, but Im not super sure, because it was your dream. lol. But if she was a sheep, you may remember her as naive or innocent, but with the mischievous side (the cougar tail) and maybe Hannah was always immature or playful and this is why you viewed her as the monkey. You then go on in your dream to fight off what seems to be a danger to you, but you end up mating. To me, this is much like the real life dating world where we feel threatened when vulnerable, but then we feel safe and secure and we do choose a form of intimacy, but it does scare us at times. We may even feel that we are subjected to being "hurt" like the boils, the worms with fly heads, anything that may cause discomfort actually from a relationship. I am actually curious if you are processing a relationship status change or possibly wondering if you are in a healthy relationship. You meet someone, "Professor X" who seems to offer support, the boil seems to suggest an emotional annoyance or something that is draining. Often to heal a boil, we do have to drain it and apply ointment. We need someone to offer help, their experience. You may be feeling that your energy is lost on something and it is causing distress in your life. You leave with those that you feel supported by.

Okay, so overall, I feel like you often try to protect yourself from being hurt. You are unsure of yourself at times and this is why transitioning into the strong and spiritual creature seems to be your archetype that protects you. I wonder if you are feeling drained about a transition or a relationship. You may be wishing to regress to a simpler time when you felt trust and security with those that supported you. You are processing going forward with something or someone, but you want to protect yourself. You want to surround yourself with positive, fun loving, innocent people in a positive environment. I also meant to add this... the person that protects you from the "house fire." Something old is passing and something new is entering into your life. Your thoughts and views are changing. You are preparing for a transition. "A dream of your family house on fire, then it suggests that you are still not ready for the change or that you are fighting against the change. Alternatively, it highlights passion and the love of those around you."

I think that the dream is indicative of a crossroads that you feel that you are at. You may want to proceed slowly but trust your intuition and allow the natural progression of what is occurring around you.... Go forward with love and not fear. Trust yourself....

Hope this helps and I would love your feedback! Thank you!

I just wanted to follow back up with you and make sure that you were able to read the answer provided and ask how you feel it may apply :)

Hey! just checking back in with you. I hope that the interpretation made sense and offered some clarity. Let me know what you think!

It has been like a month, but I was going through my old questions, and I wasn't sure if you were ever able to read the interpretation given. I wanted to follow back up and see if it made sense for you :) lol

It's been a really long time but I was checking out "open" questions and just wanted to follow up and ask if you would please provide a rating in order to close the conversation. Hope you are doing well! Thank you Julie

CounselorJules
CounselorJules
CounselorJules, Counselor