Dream Symbolist
Dream Symbolist, Dream Expert
Experience:  14 yrs. exp. Spiritual Consult. Jr Midwife. Dream Expert
47044666

I had a dream where I was on a native american tribe camping

Customer Question

I had a dream where I was on a native american tribe camping grounds. It was completely empty then all of a sudden there was the leader of the tribe, he was looking at me not saying anything at all. I tried to talk to him but nothing. Next thing I know apparitions of the tribe came out of nowhere and started dancing around me, next thing I know I see the leader far from everyone. He singles me to follow him, so I did. As I was walking with him I still try to talk to him but again nothing. We stop at the middle desert and then I wake up from my dream. What does it all mean??
JA: Oh I love this topic. Did you know I used to be a dream interpretation expert? Yes, but now I have to hand you off to one of the new and better trained ones. You will undoubtedly enjoy this. Is there anything else important you think the Dream Analyst should know?
Customer: My face was painted red by the same leader and I was given a baby and was put on a journey. Then I was guided by a wolf through the desert with the sleeping baby. That is my second dream
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dream Analyst about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: But that is all
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Dr. Norman Brown replied 1 year ago.

I need to ask you some questions, because dreams are designed by Higher Power to offer guidance to a particular person in his/her own present situation. So what are your age, sex, ethnic identity and present living situation? What were noticeable features of the Indian camping ground? --also in a desert? What were the features of the desert thru which the wolf was guiding you? What gender & ethnic identity was the sleeping baby?

Are you at the beginning of a new phase in your waking life? or at a choice point, or perhaps at a loss for where you're headed in life?

If you saw another person whose face looked like the painted version of yours, what emotion(s) would you imagine s/he might be carrying?

Do you not understand about the much greater value of going beyond a generic/guesswork interpretation based on symbolism alone without being able to relate dream content to the situation of the dreamer? I CAN interpret your dream that way, but I'd rather offer you something much more specific and deeper, so it's potentially awakening for your own consciousness in your present life situation: The baby that is quite possibly the new dimension-or-growthspurt for your own personality is asleep, ie not-yet CONSCIOUS. But its gender and yours are very significant. And so too are any details of the landscapes (campground and "desert") in which you find yourself. Please answer any questions you're willing to answer, no matter how VAGUE those answers must be--because vagueness is of just as much value as precise details. I'm underslept still this morning. So I'll be back in about 3 hours, and I'd rather not give you just a generic coffeetablebook interpretation, if you'll give me a chance. (I have over 50 years dream interp experience, beginning with my own dreams at 18, and professionally since 28. So it'll be worth a little more investment of your answering, and won't cost a dime more.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a 24 year old female. I am half Hispanic and white. I am living with my bof friends and my 4 year old daughter. The campground back ground was in the middle of the night and the ground was flat and there was mountains all around.
The desert is completely flat withave little to mountains at all. The baby was native American I think it was a boy but the baby was coddled with cows kind type blanket and sleeping. Had thick black hair you see on new borns.
I am at all three. I am in a new phase in my life/choice point but I am at a loss where to go in my life.
I think the emotions are fighting for survival, protection, quick temper, and grief.

Thank you. This helps a lot. Do you mean you're not living with your boyfriend but just with the daughter that is his and yours? What is/are the source(s) of your grief? Is it separation from your bf? All of the emotions you list would fit with finding yourself a single mother and receiving guidance from your adoptive Native American Father-Chief for what to do next in this hero-challenge you're facing.

It makes ethnic sense to identify with Native Americans, since Hispanic-Americans are mestisos and thus natives here before the European whites. Your initial scene reminds me of a scene in my own dream about 20 years ago (before my first Jungian & Native American sweatlodge-ritual men's 4-day conference) when I saw a group of white Protestant Missionaries gathered for a conference in a Seminary Library (my wife earned a theology degree there, but never became a Presbyterian Minister, because she's a Universalist like I am--not limited to any dogma). One Missionary/Minister stood up and said "I don't think we should be trying to teach the Natives our religion(s). We should be helping them develop their own religions instead." I leaped up to agree whole-heartedly, said "And I am not a Jungian," and woke up. [So everyone should be free to develop her/his own native religion.]

The (probably male) baby is a newborn masculine side of yourself (as heroic journey-risk taker), with thick black hair signifying intense and energetic growth-energy, asleep because not yet conscious enough to know what he wants or where he wants to go. Your dream-ego needs to protect and nourish him so that his awakening consciousness can eventually furnish you with masculine initiative from within yourself. Until then, the wolf is your fierce and loyal teacher-guide for finding your way thru the desert, and sensing where the scarce waters are to nourish your human body and divine spirit.

There don't seem to be any explicit answers to your choices of direction. Except to suggest that a Native-American spiritual community does honor you, that a fathering figure may be available with wise counsel, and a fierce inner instinctual guide may be able to nudge you thru every choice you need to make.

Alternatively, if you don't have strong instinctive choices often enough, you could learn to use the Chinese oracular book "I-Ching" or "The book of changes" to help you assess alternative directions every time you don't have enough information or knowledge to choose confidently between alternatives: This actually reaches into the answers in our own subconscious --where "animal instinct" comes from--by the "chance" procedure of throwing 3 coins six times to construct Yang and Yin lines and either of them "changing." I can teach you how to operate with this readily available book, that I have used for over 40 years to reach beyond my 14+ years of college education for specific wise decisions. (Carl Jung wrote the best-known scholarly version's introduction in 1948 & Bob Dylan made it famous in 1962.

You could also consult your spiritual guide-wolf at decision-time, by incubating a dream or daydream thru visualizing it in its desert-nature and then just relaxing & watching where it goes, or doing this imagination as you're going to sleepjj--and afterwards using waking sensitivity to figure out what its wanderings or following dreams have shown you. This dream might also be counseling you NOT to follow some other decision-making guidance you can recognize as available (like friends, family or church).

Let me know if you want to follow up with the I-Ching for helping yourself take over self-guidance that might need strengthening if you're now without a partner for the first time. If my estimates of what your choices refer to is not accurate, and you do want to discusss them with me--I am licensed (for 40 years Marriage&Family Therapy) to do that.

PS I'm guessing there are some mountains (or possible challenges to take on) in your present place, but if you strike out on your own, there are NO landmarks to guide you anymore, as well as no familiar sources of nourishment.