Dr-A-Green
Dr-A-Green, PsyD
Experience:  Clinical and Forensic Psychologist
60381331

I want to understand a recurring dream I am having, I dream

Customer Question

I want to understand a recurring dream I am having
JA: Dreams are fascinating! Please tell me everything you can so the Dream Analyst can help you best.
Customer: I dream that I come home from work, but when I get home I hear noises in the house. When I go to find out what the noises are - I find myself. Already home - doing stuff.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dream Analyst should know?
Customer: The feeling I have when I see myself is fear...
JA: Our top Dream Analyst is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Dream Analyst in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Dream Analyst until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Dr-A-Green replied 1 year ago.

Well, typically a home/house in dreams represents the self. So, if you say you're hearing noises and you're going to investigate, it makes me think that there might be something physical that you're experiencing, but potentially ignoring. Is there anything that you've meant to get checked out (medically), but haven't? It could also be something emotional, of course. Since you're concerned and go to check it out, it could mean something similar (a feeling that you've been meaning to address head-on, but haven't yet).

When it comes to finding yourself already home and doing stuff, this could represent the conscious you in life...you're just going about your business like nothing is wrong. But the dream self is your unconscious- and it could feel dismay that you're not addressing this problem.

Does any of that ring true with you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the weird thing about the dream is that has been recurring for years... does that change the interpretation?
Expert:  Dr-A-Green replied 1 year ago.

I wouldn't say so, no. That does lend more toward it being the second one though, I'd say. I wouldn't think it would be a physical problem that's been quietly going on for years, but rather something emotional.