Dream Interpretation

Need dreams interpreted? Ask a dream interpreter ASAP

To find out what my dream meant, I dreamt my son's father…

Customer Question
To find out what...

To find out what my dream meant

Expert's Assistant: Dreams are fascinating! Please tell me everything you can so the Dream Analyst can help you best.

I dreamt my son's father came around. He has never met him and we do not talk. In the dream my sons father was holding hands with my son and I saw my son smiling. I felt so happy for my son.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Dream Analyst should know?

My son's father has had no wish to see my son. He moved away and then got married and does not want to be in his life.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dream Interpretation
3/22/2016
Dream Interpretation Expert: CounselorJules, Counselor replied 2 years ago
CounselorJules
CounselorJules, Counselor

Good morning! My name is***** am hopeful that I will be able to help you this morning :)

Before I get completely start on the analysis, please tell me if you are currently in a relationship with someone who is stepping in to help you with your son?

First, i want to thank you for using the site. Dreams are amazing and I believe that they are a way for us to work through situations from our waking life in a safe way. My experience with dreams is based on Carl Jung's theories of symbolism and archetypes in our dreams. I am going to give you a brief description of this so you understand more about my foundation.

Carl Jung believed in the existence of the unconscious. He believed in it as more spiritual-- less sexual or animalistic like some of his predecessors.

According to Jung, dreams are a way of communicating and acquainting yourself with the unconscious. Dreams are not attempts to conceal your true feelings from the waking mind, but rather they are a window to your unconscious. They serve to guide the waking self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to a problem you are facing in your waking life. In dreams, negative emotions tend to occur twice as often as pleasant feelings. Fear and anxiety are the most commonly expressed emotions in dreams, followed by anger and sadness.

In your dream, I believe you are working through your emotions about the absence of your son's father. You are hopeful and prayerful that he has the guidance that a little boys needs from a father figure. You have a big job as a mom and it may even feel overwhelming at times, trying to be both a mom and a dad. Your dream is about "nurturing." It is suggestive of taking time to nurture needs. You may even feel like you are going through a transition in your life where you have to start over again and that this is taxing-- maybe you wish that you had additional support in this. You see your son's father, but he may be more representative of "masculine traits" and your desires to guide him. It may not be about the specific person in the dream, but more or less, what it feels like he should have been or you feel your son needs. Holding hands in the dream is a symbol of love, affection and your connection with that person. Your dream may also reflect anxieties about him losing touch with that person in his life and this is a fear for you.

It is a shame to read that his biological father denies himself and his son of this relationship. I know that is hurtful, but also remember that no self-blame or guilt you place on yourself is warranted. That was his decision and it was a selfish one. I am very sorry that you have experienced that, but there is a man that will see your child and scoop him up and love him in a way that you love him also. In the meantime, you just have to believe in your ability to nurture his needs and security. Don't parent from a place of shame or guilt-- just come from the position of nurturing him in a way that helps him to become the type of man that is honest, trustworthy, has values, is compassionate, and provides security. You have a big job, and I bet you are great at it. Theodore Roosevelt said, "Each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage, and confidence in the doing." Keep focusing on what you offer your child. You don't have to try to pay your child back for the loss that they feel that they have. Trust God to give you grace to give the child what he needs.

I truly wish you the best. Please let me know how else I can help you. My goal is to provide excellent service. I hope that you will accept the answer and provide a positive rating. Thank you very much, Julie

If you would like any more help, please let me know :)

I just wanted to follow back up with you and find out if anything new had come up since you had your dream? I hope that the information that was provided was helpful. Please let me know if there is anything more that I can do to help provide any clarity.