Dream Interpretation

Need dreams interpreted? Ask a dream interpreter ASAP

I feel asleep nap and I could see my husband, who passed…

Customer Question
I feel asleep for...

I feel asleep for a nap and I could see my husband, who passed away almost 2 years ago, take a shower a fix his hair. Then he came out of the bathroom and walked straight through me as I slept. It felt so real.

Expert's Assistant: The Dream Analyst will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Dream Analyst should know?

I think I covered it all pretty well. IT felt so real that I woke up and was scared to go to sleep .

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dream Interpretation
2/16/2016
Dream Interpretation Expert: Dr. Norman Brown, PhD replied 2 years ago
Dr. Norman Brown

Dreams are exquiitely meaningful by making use of every sensory, emotional, verbal etc detail they present. For the Higher Source (or Divine Wisdom) that composes them makes use of any aspect of our brain's consciousness to present a "multisensory movie" that points towards NEW information that we were not aware of until the dream.

For example, HOW is the presence of your husband and yourself DIFFERENT from what you would naturally have stored in your many memories from waking life? 1. he "walked straight through me"--So he's not real in the same way as you are. Yet "it felt so real." So he's "not of the same flesh" as you are; so you can not "be one flesh." Could you be currently hanging onto an imaginary reality where you can "become one?" Perhaps where you can incorporate his physical body into yours because he's NOT a body that takes up space like yours (& two bodies canNOT occupy the same space). (He's just out of the shower, naked--would that be a moment of great anticipation when you were about to share a "skin-bath" of all-over touch? or a sexual embrace?)

This climactic image-in-action in the dream (please write about any other scenes or fragments if there are any) is very specific: Like all great symbols rich in meaning, It can be construed to show several significant truths: 1. He CAN be bone with you by occupying the same space; 2. Because he's not of the same substance as you are; 3. He also doesn't seem to notice your presence, so 4. Either his senses don't work the way yours do, or 5. Your senses are deluding you, and 6. This self-delusion would match the conscious reality of the people around you if YOU were continuing to "see" and "communicate" with him when others were unanimously aware that he is dead and gone. 7. He's moving right through you on his way to somewhere else, so these unions are (for him) very brief & perhaps of little consequence, since he doesn't pause, because 8. HE'S MOVING ON in his dimension.

So one message of the dream is that perhaps it's time for you to move on too: I mention this, because I've dealt with many wives' dreams about their deceased husbands, and when it's been over a year, MOVING ON is very frequently one theme.

But his showering and fixing his hair are unusual actions in such dreams. SO what aspect or event(s) in your lives together does this prelude-scene to the moving brief-intersection of your sleeping and his hereafter represent?

And WHAT is your awareness of YOUR POSITION in sleep vis-a-vis his position as apparently approaching from the shower? A little more precision in your awareness written here will help us get closer to the precise meaning(s) that your higher source Dream Director is pointing out for your guidance in your grievingt process.

PS. I've answered the initial question for interpreting HOW the presences of your husband and yourself are (probably) different from what would be there in real waking life, to show you how I do it. But I'm using MY imagination to 3elaorate on the difference between your dream's reality and your possible real-life-past realities. So I'm also inviting you to respond about each of my imaginary answers: Do you have different comments about these facets of your dream than I did? Because you can "re-view" it more fully than I can, since you have many sensory, feeling and thought memories of the dream, and I can't exchange my dwelling inside my head for a guest-room inside of your head. So try out your own elaborations. And PLEASE elaborate on your husband's action of "fix his hair" and on the positions of both you and him during his walking straight thru your body.

If you don't respond to let me know how YOUR imagination working on your recollection of the dream might turn up something a little different, or a LOT different, then you can't get the FULL BENEFIT of what the dream is trying to show you. because it's YOUR MIND and its capabilities that has produced the dream, and I can't see & feel what you see & feel, because I'm not inside your head (like a psychic might imagine they can be and sometimes succeed, sometimes fail).

Like I HAVE NO REAL IMAGE of what it means for your husband to "fix his hair" because I've never seen him before he died or now either! If you would tell me in YOUR WORDS what it looked like to you for him to "fix his hair" between stepping out of the shower and "walking straight thru" you, I could probably make more precise meaning out of your dream. So if you never respond, you're going to miss out on that precision. SO WHAT DID "FIX HIS HAIR" LOOK LIKE TO YOU?