Mrs.SandMan
Mrs.SandMan, Consultant
Experience:  Spiritual Scholar of dreaming last 5 years.
11507085

A bald eagle was on a perch, preening mself. I was standing

Customer Question

A bald eagle was on a perch, preening himself. I was standing close enough to touch him, but didn't. He kept glancing up at me, then going back to preening.
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  JohnACM replied 1 year ago.

Since I have no true visual of your actual circumstances , whatever I gleen from this is totally based upon what I see in your dream. My thoughts are, the bald eagle represents the American dream. You have spent your life watching the American dream go by. All others take risk and better themselves. You dream dreams and imagine big accomplishments, yet you never take the ultimate risk. You get close but never fully engage. You need to quit dreaming and simply toying with your dreams. Time to take to take the plunge and realize your dreams. Does that make sense?

Expert:  Mrs.SandMan replied 1 year ago.

The bald eagle can be symbolic of a few different things. It can represent freedom, the ability to soar above your problems. It can represent power behind this freedom. Since the eagle was "preening"( this action is to clean the feathers and preserves their moistness and flexibility,). You are getting "close to" or preparing for something to happen within in your life.

The bird can also represent a personal aspect of your life. If you take interest in bird watching then it can be showing you the freedom that you receive in this area of your life. Or you are becoming more close to this interest you find within this hobby.