Mrs.SandMan
Mrs.SandMan, Consultant
Experience:  Spiritual Scholar of dreaming last 5 years.
11507085

I just had the most frightening dream - my husband and I

Customer Question

I just had the most frightening dream - my husband and I were in a jet that was in a nose dive , helpless to do anything. But the jet was our home and we put the mattress down across the floor to cushion the impact. Horrible dream. I used to love to fly
but now I hate it and don't fly often enough any more to be comfortable in the sky. But this dream , awful. A few years back I was having terrible nightmares but I don't remember what they were. Varied. I bought some dream catchers just because and the bad
dreams actually stopped. I still have the dream catchers up but - some bad dreams are starting again. Is there any way we can guide or control what we dream ?
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Mrs.SandMan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, sorry your having nightmares. Nightmares are usually to get our attention for personal issues that need to be resolved within our self. It can relate to this fear of flying. May I ask why your feelings have changed about flying? This could be those fears coming to surface. These sort of personal issues will remain in our subconscious until they are proper dealt with, and will surface from time to time. Once you overcome this stronghold, then you will be free of these nightmares.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any way we can guide or control what we dream ?

Not really no. It has a lot to do with our subconscious. If your not wanting to dream then some people will use substances to keep them from dreaming. The best option is to overcome the fear so the bad dreams will leave. For me dreams are a daily guide in my personal life, and tell me things that will happen before they do so that I am ready for the events to take place in my life. Bad dreams have shown me strongholds in my life that I was able to overcome and it helped ease my worries and it gives me good health. Sorry if I was not more assistance to you regarding this question.