Dream Interpretation

Need Dreams Interpreted? Ask a Dream Interpreter ASAP

Dream Interpretation

Last night I dreamt I was near my ex boyfriends house.

Customer Question
Hi, last night I dreamt...
Hi, last night I dreamt I was near my ex boyfriends house. Baring in mind we've been split for 2 years now! I was on the road near his and I saw his mom (she doesn't like me) she started shouting at me in my dream I tried to walk away but I suddenly collapsed to my knees and I knew I was going to give birth (I'm currently single and not pregnant), she still was shouting at me then I look at my best friend and she is being really off with me I'm crying with fear as I didn't even know I was pregnant! Everyone is shouting in the background, I can only concentrate on the pain, I spread my knees slightly look down although my vision is blurred by tears and I deliver my tiny baby girl. I remember the touch of her skin, her tiny cry and the little wimper she let's out before nesting into my chest is so distinctive, I feel her warm breath kiss my skin. I look up and a paramedic comes to take her away then two more come to get me, I look behind and all I see is my ex looking at me with sadness. The pain was so real I'm so confused about this dream, I actually feel sad when I think about them taking my baby girl.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dream Interpretation
10/29/2015
Dream Interpretation Expert: Mrs.SandMan, Consultant replied 2 years ago
Mrs.SandMan
Mrs.SandMan, Consultant

The pregnancy is showing this new break through that is relating to you and your ex bf's relationship. Since your relationship did not work out, the pregnancy is signifying the same pains and emotions you are feeling from your break up with your ex. With your ex looking at you with sadness again is showing his emotions and the loss of your relationship and connection you two had. This is why the baby was taken from you, as your relationship with your ex was taken from you as well.

Dream Interpretation Expert: Dr. Norman Brown, PhD replied 2 years ago
Dr. Norman Brown

since I have a significantly different understanding of the key image as well as significant peripheral details, I will enter my contribution here, in the interest of a more complete interpretation. I'm not sure what "being really off with me" means to you, unless it is that your best friend is being oppositional, not supportive of your fear. The yelling mother also clearly had something to do with the breakup of your relationship. since he is sad like you are. The paramedic that takes your baby away would (in normal symbolism) represent a psychological an intervention and/or spiritual intervention that takes away your pain, BUT ALSO your relationship to the precious new Being you have given birth to--at least for the present moment. You are preoccupied with the pain of the separation (still), along with the family and social-group conflict that surrounds it. But the new baby girl is not the old relationship that you have lost (largely due to external people with too much influence over both your boyfriend (his mother) and you (your "best friend"). She is the new growth you are capable of creating from within yourself, partially, at least, because of the experiences of loving partnership you had with the relationship that is now history. So a significant lesson contained in the dream is to develop more insulation against the intrusive influences of those around you and focus your creative energy more on what can now arise from within yourself now that you don't owe a primary allegiance to a love partner (who is himself overly influenced by his mother).

PS. You bet your friends and family don't understand, because they are part of the problem. That's not to argue that you should have continued the relationship despite their wellmeaning advice. But that you can benefit perhaps from whatever medical, psychological or religious/spiritual interventions are coming to you, but you can insist on the return of the new growth from within yourself that your deceased relationship has enabled you to experience.

Let me know if I can be of anymore help, and thank you!

Mrs.SandMan
Mrs.SandMan
Mrs.SandMan, Consultant