Dream Interpretation

Need Dreams Interpreted? Ask a Dream Interpreter ASAP

Dream Interpretation

I never heard the word psychopomp until I was visited by one

Customer Question
in my dream. Female very...
I never heard the word psychopomp until I was visited by one in my dream. Female very real. She took something out of me, it was violent. Whatever it was ran away very quickly. She told me to rest easy but that she needed to leave now. That's when I asked who she was as she left she said she was a psychopomp. I was oddly awake and sitting up.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dream Interpretation
Answered in 5 days by:
8/22/2015
Dream Interpretation Expert: Dr. Norman Brown, PhD replied 2 years ago
Dr. Norman Brown

Do you remember what part of your body something was violently removed from? What event(s) or thought(s) happened recently that you imagine could have something to do with the dream. Do you have ANY reason (imaginary or real) to believe that you could have been warned about losing your soul? Did you sense what sort of a being it was that ran away very quickly? Do you even believe that you have a soul? And how could it be taken from you if you're not dead yet? Does anybody you are associated with believe in possible separation of body and soul?

I don't believe I was being warned. I do believe in the paranormal as I have seen too much to discredit. I don't believe it was MY soul that was removed. When she told me to rest easy is when I saw whatever it was that was removed run away. She was in tow after the being. During the removal I felt very awake and was paralyzed until it was removed. Like I stated before it was a very violent removal even my dog was shaking when I awoke. I may have screamed or something. Whatever ran away felt like it was trying to hide. It was removed directly from my chest. I just don't understand what a psychopomp would have to do with me as I am very alive.

I'll need to consult some Greek sources, because your interpretation of your dream doesn't make sense to me either.I'll get back when I have more to say. Could there be a part of you that needs to pass away so that you can grow into a new stage of your own personality development?

Dr. Norman Brown
Dr. Norman Brown
Dr. Norman Brown, PhD