Dr. Norman Brown
Dr. Norman Brown, PhD
Experience:  40yrs interpreting dreams & connecting conscious & unconscious minds
55153673

I had two really weird dreams last night and I can't shake

Customer Question

I had two really weird dreams last night and I can't shake the uneasy feeling today. Would love to know what they mean!
The first one I was in a tall glass skyscraper that was swaying in the wind and thought to myself "I wonder how these don't blow over" It did blow over and on the way down I was worried it would hurt when I hit the ground, but I must have died instantly because it didnt hurt at all. I died but I was walking around the rubble worrying about how upset my family were going to be that I had died.
The second dream, I had bubblegum in my mouth and my mouth was too full so I syarted pulling it out strand by strand and once it was all gone I started pulling clumps of hair out of my throat. Everyone was staring and the hair just kept coming and I felt like I was choking.
I have Cystic Fibrosis so the thought of dying or choking and not being able to breathe makes sense but just wondering what else those dreams could mean!
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Dr. Norman Brown replied 2 years ago.
Being in a tall glass skyscraper suggests some kind of an inflation--that is an enthusiasm for a great idea or possibility for yourself, but you're immediately laid low by the forces around you--which fits with your illness. In the second dream I wonder if there are many things you want to say, words you want to bring out of your mouth to express what's inside of you--but the hair represents the fibrosis itself that's growing abnormally inside of you to choke you out. I'm sorry you have to suffer as you do. There's still uncertainty about why it begins with budbble gum, instead of something nourishing. Using your imagination, WHy would you fill your mouth with bubble gum instead of some healthy food?
(The Dream Director never puts an element in a dream by accidents--so how is bubble gum, and being stuffed full of it, DIFFERENT than chewing on a grilled chicken breast?
How old are you? and how long have you had cystic fibrosis?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your response. The first thing you said about a great idea or possibility makes sense as Im nearly ready to launch my jewellery website which will also be raising money for CF. I am 31 years old and was diagnosed with CF when I was born. Im not sure why it was bubblegum instead of something healthy though!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't usually give my dreams a second thought as they are usually just a mish mash of aspects of my life jumbled into a dream - but those two dreams from last night were so different and just aren't sitting well for some reason.

Dreams are intended to disturb you because they are bringing messages from your primitive nature (in symbolic images) to point towards a different way to deal with your present situation. It's possible that the fact that you aren't really dead but contemplating how your family will react, suggests that perhaps you woulod be well advised to engage some other people to help with your web site to insure that it continues to present your work (and perhaps others' as well) if you should become too disabled to do it all yourself.

My wife sold jewelry in a high-end marketplace ("Ruby Lane") for several years, without revealing her illness (not CF), but she wrote many little "wisdom stories" inspired by her jewelry. If your unusual life has led you to any unique experience or wisdom (including a wisdom tradition), you might write a perspective of your own--For my wife's jewelry was very beloved, because the person who bought a piece could tell the story that my wife had invented (often tied to the name she had given to the piece.

You haven't commented on how the dream would seem different if it were a grilled chicken breast instead of bubble gum filling up your moth. I know it may seem silly to answer such a question, but using your IMAGINATION gets you into a different way of thinking, and then every word you write can help my intuition find out what YOUR unconscious mind means by "too full of bubble gum" instead of ANYTHING ELSE. If I just use MY imagination I could be too different from what YOUR UNCONSCIOUS MIND would say. Dreams are presented in a Different Language than ordinary thinking, so I'm trying to get you to use that language In Your Own Words.

Do you ever chew bubble gum? Do you ever put TOO MuCH gum inyour mouth? This could suggest that you’re either 1. Not nourishing your own physical or spiritual health & growth, but distracting yourself with teenager pleasures instead, or 2. That you’ve been too involved with trivial entertainments, so you aren’t ready to express yourself verbally with spiritual depth. But there’s often an opposite meaning for main symbols like the bubblegum, such as that it’s important to have fun, even if you have a tough disease.That’s why I need your help with contrasting grilled chicken & bubble gum—both filling up your mouth.