Dream Symbolist
Dream Symbolist, Dream Expert
Experience:  14 yrs. exp. Spiritual Consult. Jr Midwife. Dream Expert
47044666

I was trying to understand why I keep having a dream that my

Customer Question

I was trying to understand why I keep having a dream that my mom has come back to life
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Dr. Norman Brown replied 2 years ago.

I responded to your dream around 12 hours ago, and I don't find any evidence that my response was included in the transcript. So I'm copying in my response again here, in case this is not a duplicate question that's trying again to reach Mrs. Sandman, who does appear on this site, though I don't know how often. My extensive training is in psychology, particularly C. G. Jung, who reunited Divine guidance with psychoanalysis; and my approach to dreams as dramas pointing toward spiritual development is comparable to hers.

There are many valuable messages you could be receiving from the image of your mother as coming back to life. How long ago did she pass away? And how has your grieving for her been progressing? Who is the most important person in your life now that she has passed? (Was she the most important before then?) Is it challenging for you to guide your life without her input since she passed away?

I'm very familiar with bereavement dreams; but I need to know the precise details of some of your dreams, along with the event(s) or thought(s)that you think might have triggered those particular dreams when they came. It's also important to know what your relationship was like while she was alive and how your attitudes toward her might have been changing since she passed away. It's possible that she (or her image, under the direction of the Divine Dream Director) is returning to offer guidance or to help you complete unfinished business you had with her before her passing.

So please tell me the details of a few of your dreams,because I cannot guess what her appearances are meant to accomplish for your spiritual direction