Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, PhD
Experience:  Dr. Mark is a psychologist in private practice and have been teaching and working with adults and teens for almost 20 years.
50444359

My son thats five years old dreamed i died what could that

Customer Question

My son thats five years old dreamed i died what could that mean.
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 2 years ago.
Hi! I see that your question has been waiting quite a while without an expert answering. Let me share with you what I believe is the reason: your question asks for a very symbolic, ominous type of interpretation. What emerges from the dream is that you must be a loving and caring parent and your fie year old loves you. There is no problem or ominous symbolism, however, in his dream. And this is why, I believe everyone hesitated.
You see, dreams can sometimes reflect sensitivity to future events, etc. However, those types of dreams are not nearly as common as we might think. And here's the interesting part:
Dreams are not straightforward communications like in waking states; rather they are symbolic communication between the person's subconscious self and conscious self. Most of the time, they are communications about the person's emotional states about what is happening in their waking life.
And your son's dream seems like this is the case. As I said, dreams are symbolic. Death, especially in children's dreams, represent any type of loss or extreme sadness. In this case, he may have heard about death from peers in school or some other way. The emotional impact on him is what the dream was about: as a 5 year old, he doesn't have a lot of understanding of the concept of death. And so he processed it as a dream.
Really, it is not as uncommon as you might think and most often happens when the child associates death with loss and there is love involved. Meaning, someone he loves he doesn't want to lose.
Okay, I wish you the very best!
My goal is for you to feel like you've gotten Great Service from me. If the answer has been helpful, please remember to give a rating of 5 (Great Service) or 4 (Informative and helpful), or even 3 (Got the job done) button so that I am credited for the answer. Bonuses are always appreciated! If we need to continue the discussion for that to happen, then please feel free to reply and we'll continue working on this. If I can be of further help with any issue now or in the future, just put "For Dr. Mark" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it. All the best, ***** *****