Dr. Norman Brown
Dr. Norman Brown, PhD
Experience:  40yrs interpreting dreams & connecting conscious & unconscious minds
55153673

I always dream that I am flying. what does that mean

Dr. Norman Brown :

Welcome to my dream interpretation studio, where your scenes & symbols can reveal a higher source's view of you & your life & develop your wisdom. Are you taking off and/or landing when you fly? Are you looking over any landscapes? Are you seeking any destinations? Can you write down one or two of these flying dreams?

Dr. Norman Brown :

Freud's first interpretation of flying was that it reflects your physical state of sexual arousal; and sleep lab research has shown that people are sexually turned on when they are dreaming, unless their dream content is dominated by Fight-or-Flight reactions. Jung's interpretation is focused more toward being inspired mentally and perhaps having a grand vision of what's important in your world, or planning and hoping to accomplish a great idea that's growing in your imagination--but then one big issue comes, which is that you have to land somewhere in the practical earth of the real world and connect up to people and institutions around you so you can actualize your ideas. There are other variations too, so the specifics of your dreams are needed to bring out the dream's meanings.

Customer:

I usually am in a field and just fly into the air and then return to the field after I fly around. I also dream that I am standing in my house and I start flying up to the ceiling and just stay there looking around. I usually wake up before coming back down.