Dog Training

Have dog training questions? Ask a dog trainer.

Second opinion] Well I just got a 3 year old unneutered male…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Well I just...
Second opinion] Well I just got a 3 year old unneutered male gsd and he will go up to people and let them touch him and then immediately growl and snap and he just bit someone where 5 minutes ago he was licking there face the only reason he didn't get there face was that I was very cautious about it he got there hand but didn't draw blood but he has never once done anything to me I'm a guy also I just need to know what's wrongJA: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Dog Trainer can help you. What is the dog's name?Customer: Gin like the drinkJA: Is there anything else the Dog Trainer should be aware of about Gin?Customer: He was kenneled for those 3 years of his life and he is extremely dominant with other dogs
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Training
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/28/2018
Dog Trainer: Sally G., Animal Behaviorist replied 2 months ago
Sally G.
Sally G., Animal Behaviorist

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ as well as an assistance/service dog trainer, specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today. I am working on your question now. It may take a few minutes for me to type a personal response or type questions regarding your situation. Your patience is very much appreciated.

How long have you had the dog?

When he greets people, is his tail out straight and wagging, up over the back and wagging, or hanging down and wagging?

How are the ears set, forward or laid back to the head?

Is he usually on leash when greeting people?