Dog Training

Connect one-on-one with a verified dog trainer who will answer your question

Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist

More related answers
All dog trainers are VERIFIED
my miniature dachshund has recently (2 weeks) begun to growl
Lisa
Lisa, Certified Veterinary Technician
my miniature dachshund has recently (2 weeks) begun to growl and snap at me.....when he has something in his mouth he is not to have, I reach for it and he growls and snaps....please help.....he has d… read more
8year old Snaps at anyone, Small dog Maltese, When playing
Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist
8year old Snaps at anyone JA: What sort of animal are we talking about? Customer: Small dog Maltese JA: OK. I'm sorry that Maltese is feeling poorly. What is the matter with Maltese? Customer: When pl… read more
We have a 2 year old border collie who is a very friendly pet
Sally G.
Sally G., Animal Behaviorist
We have a 2 year old border collie who is a very friendly pet but we have noticed that he snaps at male adults when they go to pet him. How do we rectify this?… read more
My dog is a 6 year old shepherd mix that I have had since he
Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
My dog is a 6 year old shepherd mix that I have had since he was 3 months old. He is a wonderful,smart affectionate dog. Every once in a while if he has a piece of paper or a sock for instance, when y… read more
My Maltese has had a sudden change in behavior. He is a little
Sally G.
Sally G., Animal Behaviorist
My Maltese has had a sudden change in behavior. He is a little over 1 years old. In the past when we would say go outside he would get excited and be the first to the door, now within the last week he… read more
1 year old dog growls and snaps when you take things away from
Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist
1 year old dog growls and snaps when you take things away from him such as bones or plastic bags... very possessive of things. It occurs if you also startle him. He gets mad when he is not getting his… read more
My step daughter has a dog that is about 1 1/2. He is super
Sally G.
Sally G., Animal Behaviorist
My step daughter has a dog that is about 1 1/2. He is super smart however her and her boyfriend did not really put in an effort to teach him boundaries. He was basically locked in a room with the boyf… read more
My 2 year female dog has started to snap at people when they
Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist
Hi , my 2 year female dog has started to snap at people when they come into our yard and pat hears they are coming through the gate … read more
My 2 year old maltipoo Danny. He has growled and snapped at
Lisa
Lisa, Certified Veterinary Technician
My 2 year old maltipoo Danny. He has growled and snapped at my husband twice in the last couple of weeks. The firs time he was laying in bed with me (he does not sleep with us but I had not put him in… read more
We recently moved from a house to an apartment, and our
Sally G.
Sally G., Animal Behaviorist
We recently moved from a house to an apartment, and our 2-1/2 year old Golden Retriever has begun sporadically peeing or pooping in the house. He can go days without an accident, and long stretches of… read more
We have a very sweet and loving shepherd who is 1 1/2 and
Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist
We have a very sweet and loving shepherd who is 1 1/2 and all of a sudden 6 weeks ago and again last night, snapped the face of my 22 year old daughter who lives at home and is very close to the dog. … read more
I have a male 4 1/2 mos beagle puppy who as been neutered
Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist
I have a male 4 1/2 mos beagle puppy who as been neutered recently. He is a great dog, but recently he has begun to growl @ me when I attempt to move him or pick him up. The first episode was while he… read more
I have a Pomeranian mix an he gets aggressive when you tell
Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist
I have a Pomeranian mix an he gets aggressive when you tell him no an he will sometimes snap an bite your feet...if he doesn't want to do something or does want to...help! … read more
We have a new dog from a rescue, he is about 1 1/2 years old. When
Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist
We have a new dog from a rescue, he is about 1 1/2 years old. When we got him he was great with other dogs, great with strangers in the house. Now three months later, he has become aggressive when peo… read more
We got a rescue dog 3 weeks ago and he has begun to "play bite"
Sally G.
Sally G., Animal Behaviorist
We got a rescue dog 3 weeks ago and he has begun to "play bite" with some aggression. He has knocked over our kids and grabbed hold of a mitten and shook it. My son's hand was in it. He has never brok… read more
I have 2 dogs. one is 11, one is 5. when they play, the 5
Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist
I have 2 dogs. one is 11, one is 5. when they play, the 5 yo has always been the perfect subordinate dog--rolls over onto her back immediately. today i noticed that she no longer does this. so far, th… read more
Chihuahua is a 2 yr. old male that we adopted. He will let
Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist
Chihuahua is a 2 yr. old male that we adopted. He will let me pat him and when I pick him up he growls. Growls and snaps when put into his cage.… read more
Our dog is 5 years old now a terrier/poodle mix. He has recently
Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist
Our dog is 5 years old now a terrier/poodle mix. He has recently begun to have a low growl when we have company. He does this to some people but not all. He will sit and just stare at them some of the… read more