Dog Training

Have dog training questions? Ask a dog trainer.

Last night my maltipoo woke up panting, trembling and

Customer Question
Last night my maltipoo...

Last night my maltipoo woke up panting, trembling and licking my face. She would not stop trying to climb on me.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

My maltipoo woke up during the night panting, trembling and licking me in the face. She would not calm down and sat on me all night

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

She doesn’t act like she is hurting. She ate fine yesterday and her stomach seems fine

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Tesla age six

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Tesla?

She is very healthy. We have a Berniedoodle too. He has been with us for a year. She doesn’t like him

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Training
3/17/2018
Dog Trainer: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Tesla, please? Her behavior was consistent with pain, anxiety, or both.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She has calmed down from last night, but is still anxious

Thank you. Can you think of anything within your home that has changed...new people, new pets, change in feeding schedule or in your schedule? Do you live where other dogs or cats can roam outside your house?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have a bichon and a Berniedoodle. The Berniedoodle has been with us a year. We left them at home last for a couple of hours. They are both fixed, but I wonder if he is scaring her

That's certainly a consideration but in most cases rather than being fearful, these dogs are anxious about their place in the hierarchy of your home. Eliminative problems (marking behavior) may also arise in these dogs. I don't believe that Tesla suffers from a medical problem. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I could have figured out the problem on my own. Not much help.

I understand. I'll have your question recategorized into "Dog Training" where trainers and behaviorists live. I'll opt out now so another expert can enter this conversation.

Dog Trainer: Sally G., Animal Behaviorist replied 1 month ago
Sally G.
Sally G., Animal Behaviorist

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you. My name is ***** ***** I am a service dog trainer, and evaluator, as well as work with behaviors.

Do you still need help with this?

Sally G.
Sally G.
Sally G., Animal Behaviorist