Dog Training

Have dog training questions? Ask a dog trainer.

My dog is acting up (barking, peeing on things etc) when i…

Customer Question
my dog is acting up...
my dog is acting up (barking, peeing on things etc) when i have guests over all the sudden. What can I do?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Training
3/8/2018
Dog Trainer: Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist replied 4 months ago
Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist

Hi JaCustomer,

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jane. I have been involved professionally with dogs in the healthcare and behavioral fields for over 20 years. I’ve worked as a Vet Assistant and Behaviorist and have extensive experience in dog reproduction, as a breeder, for even longer than that.. Canine behavioral issues and training are also my specialties. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

I just logged in before retiring for the night and saw your question and thought I'd see if you still needed help. If so, it is necessary for me to get a little information from you before I can type up your reply. Your patience is appreciated and given the late hour, a reply may not come until morning.

Do you still want assistance?

If so, how old is your dog?

What sex is your dog?

What breed is she/he?

Is he fixed?

How much obedience training has he had?

What have you tried so far?

Is he peeing on people or does your dog seem to pee when greeting them?

Is your dog acting aggressive or do you think it is excitement?

I think I figured it out. We have a new kitten, thanks!

You are welcome. If you feel like you might need assistance in the future, you can come back here and I can assist you.