Dog Training

Have dog training questions? Ask a dog trainer.

We introduced a new dog to the pack at home (2 dogs

Customer Question
We introduced a new...

We introduced a new dog to the pack at home (2 dogs previously) My boxer is now starting to fight with our older westie dog... They have had their scuffles but today 3 aggressive fights have taken place... not sure how to proceed

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Dog Trainer can help you. What is the dog's name and age?

Apollo a 3 year old boxer

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Dog Trainer should be aware of about Apollo?

He is a rescue from a loving home that could not keep him. No other issues

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Training
1/16/2018
Dog Trainer: Sally G., Animal Behaviorist replied 4 months ago
Sally G.
Sally G., Animal Behaviorist

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ as well as an assistance/service dog trainer, specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today. It may take a few minutes for me to type a personal response or type questions regarding your situation. Your patience is very much appreciated.

Is it the boxer starting the trouble not the new dog? And fighting with your other family dog that you have had together with the boxer prior?

What type of training has the boxer had?

What type of personality does the boxer have normally?

Is he shy, does he give up valued items easily to another dog, etc?

Where is the new dog when all of this happens?

What have you tried so far?

I see you are offline at this time and I will soon be going off for the night but will be back online tomorrow morning. If you could answer the questions above it would be of great help:)

Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer