Dog Training

Have Dog Training Questions? Ask a Dog Trainer.

Dog Training

General question. Will a dog bite without any kind of

Customer Question
General question Veterinarian's Assistant:...

General question

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?

Will a dog bite without any kind of warning

Veterinarian's Assistant: Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?

Sadie 5 yr old full blooded redbone coon hound

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sadie?

Yes she hates her feet touched and will growl due to my husband cutting her nails to short when she was six months old. She bled a lot and for a long time

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Training
1/6/2018
Dog Trainer: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hello, I'm Dr. Bruce. I have over 17 years of experience as a veterinarian and I'd like to help. Please give me a moment to review your concerns.

Unfortunately some dogs can give next to no warning that they are going to bite. It would be nice if they all raised their hackles, laid back their ears, tucked their tails, raised their lips, or growled a little to give people an early warning that they were feeling stressed and were apt to bit. At my ER though, I have seen those dogs that give no outward signs that they are going to bite. These are the tough situations as I'm always looking for the other things to give myself a heads up. I tell owners that all dogs can bite - even the most kind and laid back dog - if they are pushed over their threshold. This threshold is obviously variable for any given dog.

Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer