Dog Training

Have Dog Training Questions? Ask a Dog Trainer.

Dog Training

I have a 3 year old dog rescue dog, the problem is she was…

Customer Question
I have a 3...

I have a 3 year old dog rescue dog, the problem is she was very submissive to me and piddled a lot when she even looked at me or we made eyecontact.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

It has escalated to aggressive behavior snarling to me and our dog we currently have. When we first got her she got along well with our other dog. She will come and sit next to me at times and let me pet her but 5 minutes later I can approach her without making eye contact and she either piddles or snarls again. We are contemplating taking her back, we don't want to give up on her but she just hasn't gotten used to me or accepted me and I want her to be happy but she seems miserable around me. she loves my wife and my wife has gotten attached to her.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

She doesn't seem to hurt anywhere she is just becoming aggressive.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. What is the dog's name?

Birdie

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Dog Trainer should be aware of about Birdie?

I have tried to sit by her in a non threatening manner and giver her treats and I don't approach her making eye contact and she still piddles and is very subbmissive when she isn't aggressive.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Training
1/2/2018
Dog Trainer: Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist replied 1 month ago
Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist

Hi JaCustomer,

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jane. I have been involved professionally with dogs in the healthcare and behavioral fields for over 20 years. I’ve worked as a Vet Assistant and Behaviorist and have extensive experience in dog reproduction, as a breeder, for even longer than that.. Canine behavioral issues and training are also my specialties. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

It is necessary for me to get a little information from you before I can type up your reply. Your patience is appreciated.

So you are saying that originally she was submissive toward you and urinated when she even looked at you but now she is aggressive toward you?

How long have you had her?

What breed is she approximately?

Can you describe a few instances where she is displaying this behavior including what was happening before she became aggressive.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
but when she isn't being aggressive and piddling she is submissive and piddling.
1 month and 4 days.
Attached is a picture.
There is really nothing common for any of the instances. The weird thing is I could be sitting next to her one minute and 5 minutes later I get up and come back to the same seat and she is either submissive or aggressive. It's like she doesn't even remember that I was just petting her five minutes earlier. Note that she is 3 years old and she hasn't been spayed yet.
Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer