Dog Training

Have dog training questions? Ask a dog trainer.

Why does my new 4 month old puppy snarl.snap and bite me,

Customer Question
Why does my new...

Why does my new 4 month old puppy snarl.snap and bite me

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name?

She doesn't do this to anyone else,

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Training
answer question here
have nothing that applies to question
no docs tosend
no documents to send
are you going to answer my question or not?
12/20/2017
Dog Trainer: Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist replied 6 months ago
Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist

Hi JaCustomer,

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jane. I have been involved professionally with dogs in the healthcare and behavioral fields for over 20 years. I’ve worked as a Vet Assistant and Behaviorist and have extensive experience in dog reproduction, as a breeder, for even longer than that.. Canine behavioral issues and training are also my specialties. It will be my pleasure to work with you today. I just signed in and noticed no other expert chose to answer your question and wanted to help. Perhaps the question went to the wrong category and that was why no one answered earlier.

Do you still need help with this matter? If so, it is necessary for me to get a little information from you before I can type up your reply. Your patience is appreciated.

what breed is the puppy?

Is it male or female?

Are you male or female?

Who else does she interact with that she doesn't react like this toward?

Can you describe in detail what is happening before during and after these "incidents"?

What obedience training has the pup had?

No help needed any more.

Ok. Thanks for letting me know.