Dog Training

Have Dog Training Questions? Ask a Dog Trainer.

Dog Training

We had a boxer mix that came to our house skinny and hungry…

Customer Question
We had a boxer...

We had a boxer mix that came to our house skinny and hungry We fed her and gave her water. we checked around see if any signs for missing boxer in our area nothing,so we decided to keep her. she was good with everyone friendly . loving and good with the kids. we took her to vet check up shots. The vet said she was probably 8 months to 1 year old and was getting ready to go into heat . we decided to have her spayed. the vet gave her pain meds for 4 days after surgery. on the 2nd day after surgery she became aggresive wouldn,t eat ,sleep, or drink water. she bite the 20 month old. she has a squeaky ball she carries around doesn't want to put it down became protective over the ball.she doesn't want anyone to touch the ball. growls at our 8 year old. she wasn't aggresive before surgery. it's like being spayed made her go crazy. of course now we can't keep her because of her aggression towards our kids now. what happened she was so good until being spayed

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?

AMARA

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about AMARA?

Not that i can think of

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Training
12/17/2017
Dog Trainer: Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist replied 2 months ago
Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist

Hi JaCustomer,

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** have been involved professionally with dogs in the healthcare and behavioral fields for over 20 years. I’ve worked as a Vet Assistant and Behaviorist and have extensive experience in dog reproduction, as a breeder, for even longer than that.. Canine behavioral issues and training are also my specialties. It will be my pleasure to work with you today. I just signed in and noticed no other expert chose to answer your question and wanted to help. I believe the question went to the wrong category initially.

Do you still need help with this matter? If so, it is necessary for me to get a little information from you before I can type up your reply. Your patience is appreciated.

How long has it been since she was spayed?

What obedience training have you done with her?

How many days after the spay operation did she bite the 20 month old?

How badly did she bite the 20 month old?

I am available to respond to your reply.

Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer