Dog Training

Have Dog Training Questions? Ask a Dog Trainer.

Dog Training

DO I STOP MY DOG FROM EATING FABICS I.E. RUGS, QUILTS,

Customer Question
DO I STOP MY...

DO I STOP MY DOG FROM EATING FABICS I.E. RUGS, QUILTS, SHEETGS

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

Chaco age 1 year

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

How can I stop i.e. carpeting qujilts, sheets my dog from eating fabric

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?

He's very active and loves to play with other dogs and peop;le. He has lots of lchew toys and uses them all day

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Training
12/14/2017
Dog Trainer: Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist replied 2 months ago
Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist

Hi JaCustomer,

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** have been involved professionally with dogs in the healthcare and behavioral fields for over 20 years. I’ve worked as a Vet Assistant and Behaviorist and have extensive experience in dog reproduction, as a breeder, for even longer than that.. Canine behavioral issues and training are also my specialties. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

It is necessary for me to get a little information from you before I can type up your reply. Your patience is appreciated.

What obedience training has he had?

What have you tried so far?

Is she sucking on the fabric first or just chewing it up?

Does she do it in front of you or only when you are not watching?

Are his chew toys down all the time?

How old is he in months? I need to know if he is close to a year or 18 months, etc.

Is he neutered?

Do you have the time to devote toward training?

It may take me some time to get your answer back to you as your answer will require a training plan which also takes time to formulate and type up?

Dog Trainer: Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist replied 1 month ago

Hi again,

I noticed that you have not responded to my request for more information. Perhaps you deleted it in error or it went to your junk folder and you missed it. Here is the information request again.

What obedience training has he had?

What have you tried so far?

Are his chew toys down all the time?

Is he neutered?

Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer