Dog Training

Have dog training questions? Ask a dog trainer.

I have a 6 year old Cavoodle and is very jealous and very…

Customer Question
I have a 6...

I have a 6 year old Cavoodle and is very jealous and very protective, if the wife and myself cuddle, he jumps up at us and barks,when we feed the birds he whinges and whines and barks, on the weekend I was at a caravan rally when a friend came up and said hello and shook hands the dog jumped out of the Caravan and bit this person. I am worried that he might bight a child playing rough and tumble with us. Thanks Colin Wilson

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the bird?

I dont think so the bird belongs to my son who has just moved to Sydney from Darwin

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Training
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/4/2017
Dog Trainer: Sally G., Animal Behaviorist replied 7 months ago
Sally G.
Sally G., Animal Behaviorist

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ as well as an assistance/service dog trainer, specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today. It may take a few minutes for me to type a personal response or type questions regarding your situation. Your patience is very much appreciated.

You are right to be concerned but I need to distinguish the kind of aggression we are dealing with.

Can you tell me where is the dog when you approach your wife?

How about when the friend came up and said hello, what was happening?

When people approach the dog how does he act?