Dog Training

Have dog training questions? Ask a dog trainer.

I've had a puppy for 7 days (10 week old Labradoodle) he was…

Customer Question
I've had a puppy...

I've had a puppy for 7 days (10 week old Labradoodle) he was fine with being picked up first 5 days but now growls, snarls and acts aggressive when I try to pick him up. He seems to run and play without pain so I don't think it's an injury although maybe he was picked up incorrectly by my 10 year son. However he seems to mostly growl at me.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name?

Sunny

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sunny?

We are potty/crate training with treats/praise for pee and poop outside. It's mostly going well with 1 accident on average per day. I give it ample exercise outside and am home all day. Sunny doesn't appear to love his food, we tried empower brand and now are giving him grain free blue food. The most he has eaten in one day is 1/2 cup, usually only 1-2 tablespoons per meal. He poops 3-5 times a day.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Training
11/30/2017
Dog Trainer: Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist replied 7 months ago
Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist

Hi JaCustomer,

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jane. I have been involved professionally with dogs in the healthcare and behavioral fields for over 20 years. I’ve worked as a Vet Assistant and Behaviorist and have extensive experience in dog reproduction, as a breeder, for even longer than that.. Canine behavioral issues and training are also my specialties. It will be my pleasure to work with you today. I'm so sorry that no other expert answered your question earlier. Your question just showed up on the list of unanswered questions that I have access to and I wanted to help. I hope you will rate my answer rather than the delay.

Do you still need help with this matter? If so, it is necessary for me to get a little information from you before I can type up your reply. Your patience is appreciated.

Exactly which blue buffalo food are you feeding the pup?

How much does the pup weigh?

Is he gaining weight?

Any vomiting or diarrhea?

Are you stating you changed food twice in a week?

Why are you picking him up?

How are you potty training?