Dog Training

Have dog training questions? Ask a dog trainer.

Chloe has started for the last couple of weeks, growling and…

Customer Question
Chloe has started for...

Chloe has started for the last couple of weeks, growling and beating her teeth at particularly me in bed at night. If I leave her alone she stops growling. She is a spayed, 9 year old. She is typically overly loving. I do brush all three girls teeth in the evening in bed as we watch TV. Have been doing this for several years.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What sort of animal are we talking about?

9 year old Schnauzer, 19 pounds

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the schnauzer?

Growling in the family bed, bearing her teeth in the evening. Totally unlike her

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the schnauzer seem to hurt?

She doesn’t, no skeletal pain, eats, pees, poops normally

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. What is the schnauzer's name?

Chloe

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Chloe?

History of bladder stones, dissolved with abx and eats canine SO diet.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Training
11/21/2017
Dog Trainer: Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist replied 7 months ago
Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist

Hi JaCustomer,

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jane. I have been involved professionally with dogs in the healthcare and behavioral fields for over 20 years. I’ve worked as a Vet Assistant and Behaviorist and have extensive experience in dog reproduction, as a breeder, for even longer than that.. Canine behavioral issues and training are also my specialties. It will be my pleasure to work with you today. I'm so sorry that no other expert answered your question earlier. Your question just showed up on the list of unanswered questions that I have access to and I wanted to help. I hope you will rate my answer rather than the delay.

It is necessary for me to get a little information from you before I can type up your reply. Your patience is appreciated.

When was Chloe's last dental exam?

Are you saying that she is growling before you brush her teeth, after or during?

Or is she just growling at you if you try and touch her when you are in bed even if you do not have the tooth brush?

Is she growling at you at other times?

What obedience training has Chloe had?

Can you describe a few situations where she has growled at you?

Is she the oldest dog you have?

Hi again,

I noticed that you have not responded to my request for more information. Perhaps you deleted it in error or it went to your junk folder and you missed it. Here is the information request again.

When was Chloe's last dental exam?

Is she growling at you at other times?

What obedience training has Chloe had?

Is she the oldest dog you have?