Dog Training

Have Dog Training Questions? Ask a Dog Trainer.

Dog Training

I have 2 outside male dogs, both neutered. They were both

strays, before I had 2...
I have 2 outside male dogs, both neutered. They were both strays, before I had 2 females strays they stayed in a fenced yard and one of the males, small to medium, The other male (large} was outside. Then i had a female puppy shows up had her spayed. Very sweet dog. One of the older females (fence) would run the new younger female viciously barking and biting through the fence line but, when the other 2 older females be let out they did not bother each other. The new female and the outside male they hunted all the time they were best buds.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name?
Customer: she would kill any other animal she saw. it got to be crazy. Her name was Hannah. The 2 older females were out one day they stayed out all night. That morning I heard alot of barking went out to check the new female (Hannah) and the male were just biting her to death, I got them away from her and could not get a vet so I tried to clean her wounds but she died, the other older female also had some bites on her she was terified she could not wait to get in that fence. I did not know what to do at that time. Have them both put down? That i had become so attached to oe what. I talked to my vet and she said they may never do it again it was like the wolfs they were in a pac. Anyway i was going to have them put down could not do it. Time passed and then I saw Hannah chasing this other little stray ( live in country) and also Bubba the male. I think they killed it was not sure, More time went on and a basset hound showed up they for sure killed that dog. I had Hannah put down. Thought Bubba would not do that, He had never shown any kind of aggression before except with Hannah, Ok now i'm trying to get to the end of this so now a male stray shows up full of ticks, starving, skinny, had a collar with a cut off rope so i assume he had been kept tied up.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Hannah?
Customer: we fed him and
now Bubba has already attacked him more than once plus they both attacked him. I got him in the fenced in yard to feed him so he could be safe but he jumped the fence he is terrified of Bubba I believe he will kill him the next time
Hannah was put down.
8/17/2017
Sally G.
Sally G., Animal Behaviorist

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ as well as an assistance/service dog trainer, specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today.

What is your question? Should you keep the dogs that continue to attack and kill other dogs?

well. i guess

it's apparent that the dog is a problem and one that can't be handled. Then it comes down to how often do you want to go through this and how long before it becomes a lawsuit from someone that finds out your dogs got loose and killed their dog.

It seems that in order to give these dogs help you have to work daily and many times a day with them and even at that it is no guarantee.

I would have a professional out to evaluate their temperament if you plan on keeping them.

Sally G.
Sally G., Animal Behaviorist
Phone call session started

I am calling you now

Sally G.
Sally G.
Sally G., Animal Behaviorist