Dog Training

Have Dog Training Questions? Ask a Dog Trainer.

Dog Training

My yorkie mix is agressive towards our border

Customer Question
My yorkie mix is...

My yorkie mix is agressive towards our border collie/australian shepard mix. The small one will attack the larger one for no seen reason. All suggestions appreciated

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog training?

How do I make her stop this type of behavior?

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog training's name and age?

Emma---she was a rescue---we think she is about 2 1/2 yrs old

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog training's name?

She isn't in training----but needs to be----

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Training
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/12/2017
Dog Trainer: Sally G., Animal Behaviorist replied 6 months ago
Sally G.
Sally G., Animal Behaviorist

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ as well as an assistance/service dog trainer, specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today. It may take a few minutes for me to type a personal response or type questions regarding your situation. Your patience is very much appreciated.

When did you get Emma?

How long has she gone after the other dog?

What is her personality like, is she shy, very forward, does she have any fears?

What precedes the attacks?

can you take a valued item from her such as a bone or food without incident?

Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer