Dog Training

Have Dog Training Questions? Ask a Dog Trainer.

Dog Training

We have a pittbull and an akita, they have had one major

Customer Question
fight. We introduced them again...
We have a pittbull and an akita, they have had one major fight. We introduced them again with muzzles, they fought with muzzles. How can we stop the aggression?
JA: The Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Expert can help you best.
Customer: We are friends. I own the Akita who is
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?
Customer: male and 18 months.He is fixed,the pit is not fixed
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Training
8/12/2017
Dog Trainer: Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist replied 5 months ago
Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist

Hi jaCustomer,

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jane. I have been involved professionally with dogs in the healthcare and behavioral fields for over 20 years. I’ve worked as a Vet Assistant and Behaviorist and have extensive experience in dog reproduction, as a breeder, for even longer than that.. Canine behavioral issues and training are also my specialties. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

It is necessary for me to get a little information from you before I can type up your reply. Your patience is appreciated.

Are both of these dogs yours?

Do they both live with you?

Where did you try and introduce them to each other?

How old is the pitbull?

If they live together who was there first?

How much obedience training have they had?

Dog Trainer: Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist replied 4 months ago

Hi again,

I noticed that you have not responded to my request for more information. Perhaps you deleted it in error or it went to your junk folder and you missed it. Here is the information request again.

Are both of these dogs yours?

Do they both live with you?

How old is the pitbull?

Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer