Dog Training

Have Dog Training Questions? Ask a Dog Trainer.

Dog Training

I have a 7 month old rat terrier. He is trying to tear apart

Customer Question
I have a 7 month...
I have a 7 month old rat terrier. He is trying to tear apart the couch. I have used bitter apple and pepper. Both didn't work. Please help
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog training?
Customer: This is a behavior problem that we don't know how to handle. He knows when he is wrong and heads right for his crate.
JA: What is the dog training's name?
Customer: Ted
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dog Trainer should know about Ted?
Customer: He does growl. When he growls at me I just tell him to stop and he does
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Training
8/11/2017
Dog Trainer: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 4 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

When does the growling occur?

Is Ted enrolled in any formal training classes?

How much structured exercise is he given?

When does the shredding of the couch occur?

What chewing toys are being provided? Are they popular with Ted?

Also, is she shredding the couch with his mouth or feet (digging or chewing)?

Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer