Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

My 4 yr old maltipoo rescue has terrible behavior. She barks

Customer Question

My 4 yr old maltipoo rescue has terrible behavior. She barks at everything and everybody. She doesn't like most other dogs and would attack them if she was loose. She has even snapped at me. She goes after my husband when he is going out the door. Most of our friends are afraid of her. I tried Valium and it didn't even make her drousy. The vet gave her Prozac but then she wouldn't eat. My husband wants to take her back to the shelter we adopted her from 3 years ago. I took her to training at Petco, but that didn't help. I'm at my wits end. I love her. This is very upsetting. I never had a dog that acted like this before . What can I do?
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Lisa replied 2 months ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help. Just like an in person consult, I have a few questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible.....

Is she on any sort of schedule?

Is she crate trained?

When does she snap at you?

What do you do when she acts aggressively?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She's not really on a schedule. I'm 70 and my husband is 75. We both still work. So, it's hard to maintain a schedule. She only goes in a crate when people she doesn't know or like come to the house. She snaps at me when she 's barking incessantly in the yard and I go over and try to pick her up to bring her in. Tell her no. She has had valium which didn't faze her and Prozac which makes her stop eating. I'm very lucky to have a vet that knows just how to handle her. He is wonderful.
Expert:  Lisa replied 2 months ago.

How much time are you able to devote to training?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
is this a scam? I told you I'm 70 and still working. How much time do you think I have? How about some ideas or answers?!!!!! I paid my $28.00. Now you want more to talk on the phone?!!!! What happened to the experienced vet that was used as a come on? I won't be suckered in a deal like this again.
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 2 months ago.
Hi, I am sorry, your Expert has opted out. You do not have to accept the phone call offer if you would prefer not to. Would you like me to find a different dog trainer for you, or would you like to cancel?
Best,
Camille-Moderator
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'd like my $28.00 refunded. I explained the situation to Lisa. She asked questions. I answered them. she asked more questions. I got angry. I never got an answer!!!!!!! All I wanted was some suggestions to help me. It's almost 1:00 am and I just got time to look at my email after two days!!!!