Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

Not sure if this is a vet question, I have 2 dogs & 3 cats,

Customer Question

Not sure if this is a vet question, I have 2 dogs & 3 cats, I use a gate w/kitty door. The problem is that my dog can open the gate & eat cat food. This is my third gate, any thoughts on how I can keep the dog outside the gate
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Koumba
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Koumba?
Customer: She is large, very sweet, & has had a problem with liver enzymes being too high, the last time we checked she was much better. She is on Demarin & milk thistle
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you provide video showing how your companion opens the gate?

Has elevating the cat food where your dog cannot reach it on the other side of the gate an option? Countertop, maybe?