PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

If I put bitter apple on dirty underwear do you think my dog

Customer Question

If I put bitter apple on dirty underwear do you think my dog will still learn? She is not interested in clean underwear or jeans so I'm hesitant to just put butter apple on them because I don't see how that will attract her. We've had her for 7 years and honestly in done.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your dog?
Customer: The dog eats the crotch out of my daughter's underwear and jeans and I can't afford it. After this point the dog had to go ... or my daughter. The dog digs them out of hampers - I get hampers that hang but my daughter forgets.
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Talky Tally
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: Has to go. She's not gone yet but I'm past my limit.
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

She may. You'll need to set her up for failure by leaving some underwear laying around with bitter apple applied. If the bitter apple doesn't work, try YUK! That stuff is VILE. http://www.affordablevet.net/supplies/yuk-2e-anti-lick-gel-0-5oz-tube/?utm_medium=googleshopping&utm_source=bc&gclid=CjwKEAjwl9DIBRCG_e3DwsKsizsSJADMmJ11jfqB5IdtxFn9nOZgp55b-16BdmV0x_zESrGR4w6tChoCzs7w_wcB

Also, have you considered kenneling her when she cannot be monitored?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Customer

Checking in. How is Tally? Has the bitter apple or YUK! worked so far?