Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

I'm having an issue with my dog not liking my boyfriend when

Customer Question

Hi, I'm having an issue with my dog not liking my boyfriend when he comes over. Every time he comes in the door, she immediately starts barking and running away from him. My boyfriend is the sweetest guy and he loves dogs and would never even think of hurting my dog. But, my dog keeps thinking that he is going to hurt her.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: She is named Sassy. We rescued her when she was a puppy and she is about a year and a half now.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about named?
Customer: Not that I can think of. She doesn't like strangers but eventually warms up to them. But, with my boyfriend, she doesn't want to like him at all.
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 10 months ago.

Hi JaCustomer,

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient.

What breed is Sassy?

Does your boyfriend crouch down to greet her or bend over?

How long have you been seeing this boyfriend?

What do you do when she barks at him?

Hi again,

I wasn't sure if you received my request for more information, so I'm sending it again and hoping for some responses so I can help you with your dog's issue.

What breed is Sassy?

What do you do when she barks at him?

Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 9 months ago.

I was really hoping to have the opportunity to help you with your issue, but if you choose not to respond, there isn't much I can do.