Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

My daughters mix female beagle has become destructive since

Customer Question

My daughters mix female beagle has become destructive since we had to take my daughters other dog home due to being sick She has chewed cabinets tore the door off the cabinet manage to open cabinet and made a total mess and damage to her apartment Help what can be done She has all kinds of toys and tv on and medication to calm her nothing is working What can you suggest
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Sally G. replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome. This is just a short note to introduce myself or to request needed information for your problem. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ as well as an assistance/service dog trainer, specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today. It may take a few minutes for me to type a personal response or type questions regarding your situation. Your patience is very much appreciated.

What medication is the dog on to calm her and when did she start this medication?

When the other dog was with her, she displayed no destructive habits at all?

Does your daughter work daily and at a specific time? example 8 AM to 4 PM every day or do hours vary?

What else beside medication has your daughter tried with the dog to stop the behavior?