Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

I have a border collie named Jemma she is 5 years old she is

Customer Question

hello I have a border collie named Jemma she is 5 years old she is a very well behaved girl except when she knows she is going in the car as soon as she hears the keys she gets excited which I haven't a problem with as I make her sit till I am ready for her to get in the car and she is quiet as soon as the car starts she starts screaming I mean screaming and it is worst when she knows she is going somewhere that she loves like the dog park where she loves chasing the trains I have tried going different ways so she doesn't no we are going there but that doesn't work I would love to go away for weekends with her but couldn't while she is like this people look at me when they hear her and gods knows what they think is happening my daughter wont come in the car anymore as she says her pitch is higher then Mariah Kelley and her ears hurt to days later any advice would be great thanks lynda
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question. Just like an in person consult, I have some questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible.....Has Jemma always done this?When she's making noise, what do you do?Has she ever been to obedience classes?Is your car big enough to accomodate a kennel/crate in the bacK?