Dog Training

Have dog training questions? Ask a dog trainer.

We have had dogs all our lives and have never ever

Customer Question
experienced this issue. Our dog...
We have had dogs all our lives and have never ever experienced this issue. Our dog is 2 months old now and is getting worse every day with his biting. He gets plenty of attention and when we go out we put him in a crate. We try to keep him out at night but it is impossible. As the night goes on he gets more and more aggressive and biting and jumping is uncontrollable. I've tried calming aids even a pet friendly muzzle. Last night was the worst. It took 3 of us to finally get him in his crate and it was a struggle. We do not know what to do. He does not calm down the longer he is out of the crate during the day or night he gets worse. We cannot afford a behavorial specialist. We just don't know what to do.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Training
When I said we try to keep him out all night I meant Keep him out of his crate at night.
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/26/2016
Dog Trainer: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 2 years ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Thanks for your question. Can you answer some additional questions for me?

1) Did I understand correctly that the dog is 8 weeks of age?
2) Has he had any formal training? If so, what commands have been worked on?
3) How is his potty training coming along?
4) What method of exercise is being used for him and how long each day?
5) What breed is your puppy?
6) What is his name?
7) How long have you had him?

I made a mistake when typing he is 12 months old. We are bringing him to a behavior specialist at out this afternoon.
Dog Trainer: Sally G., Animal Behaviorist replied 2 years ago
Sally G.
Sally G., Animal Behaviorist

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am sorry we were not able to help you in a timely manner. I am a certified Therapy Dog Evaluator, AKC CGC Evaluator and a trainer of service dogs and I specialize in behavioral problems. If you find that the specialist you are seeking is not working out for you, I do hope you will try us again in the future.