Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist
Experience:  Behaviorist /Trainer and Dog breeder 18+ years
2361900

My dog always gos with me on trips but now out of the blues

Customer Question

My dog always gos with me on trips but now out of the blues he has bad anxity and i am about two hundred miles from. What or how can i get him home without anything happening to him
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 1 year ago.

Hi JaCustomer,

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

You might try some benadryl. Often this will sedate a dog just enough to reduce anxiety. The dosage is up to 2mg per pound evey 8 hours. A dap collar might help as well. Dap collars used pheromones to calm a dog and they are much like the ones a mom uses to calm her nursing pups. They are available in pet stores.

If he is bouncing around your vehicle, a crate is your best solution or a doggie seat belt. Both can be purchased in pet stores relatively easily. That will at least keep her contained to one area of your vehicle.

I hope this information is helpful to you. If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to press the reply to expert or continue conversation button so I can address any issues you still have . If you do find this helpful, please take this opportunity to rate my answer positively so I am compensated for my time.

If you have questions in the future that you wish me to answer, you may click here and bookmark the page or make it a favorite. It is best to put my name "JANE" in the question as well.

Hi Jerry,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Rambler. How is everything going?