Dog Training

Have dog training questions? Ask a dog trainer.

I have 2 great Pyrs (brothers) about to be 5 yrs old. One of…

Customer Question
I have 2 great Pyrs...
I have 2 great Pyrs (brothers) about to be 5 yrs old. One of them is sweet and loving and the other has become the protector of me. Will turn aggressive to others that have been around him since he was a baby. Love him to pieces but I'm turning into a wreck having to keep him away from people.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Training
2/17/2016
Dog Trainer: Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist replied 2 years ago
Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist

Hi JaCustomer,

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient.

Are they neutered?

What obedience training have they had and when were they trained?

Besides giving them commands throughout the day, how often do YOU train with them?

How is he with other people when you are not around?

Can you describe how he is being aggressive?

What do you do when he starts this behavior?

Has he actually bitten anyone?

What have you tried so far?

Hi JaCustomer,

Are they neutered?

Has he actually bitten anyone?

What have you tried so far?